Qutest, Hugo TT2, Mscaler

So this happened the other day…

11 Likes

Very nice :grinning:… how you finding it?

SO far I am really enjoying things. A different sound, however, enjoyable as I feel as I get older my listening preferences have changed, and this new config. is satisfying that quite nicely.

2 Likes

Nice set up

1 Like

Yeah, sounds promising… missing mine. Been away working but due back tomorrow :blush:

1 Like

Hi guys, I’ve been rather busy on various projects (including getting to grips with the Antipodes K50 which is an awesome beast) but I thought I would drop by whilst enjoying some music and an end of week glass of wine.

I tried for a long time to get Ray-dude to try the DC4 with his Dave and I am glad to see that he finally gave in. Putting the DC4 with my Dave was one of the best decisions I made for sound quality in my system. Pairing one with the MScaler was an indulgence but is divine.

I also have a Qutest which I power with a Farad Super3 although this is slightly modified with uprated output caps.

By the way, Innuos released some details today of their 2.0 app which looks to be really well thought through and will probably do all that I used Roon for but without degrading the sound.

1 Like

Hi Nick, so do you prefer the Antipodes over the Innous statement? Or maybe point me/us to a more in depth review of the unit. I also remember you saying (somewhere) that you no longer use Roon, because some other software gives better sound, can you elaborate a little?

I sold my 282/250dr and two hicaps to go MScaler/TT 2 into an ultimata. Big improvement

5 Likes

@dayjay Has this always been in streaming audio section? I could have sworn it was in Hifi Corner :thinking:

1 Like

You’ve got me thinking now and I honestly don’t know

I’m not sure at all. Could be me… bit tired after getting back from working away… or… could be my age. Turning 50 tomorrow, losing my mind now is not a good sign :joy:

3 Likes

I’d swear it used to be HiFi corner

1 Like

Richard usually posts something if he changes the location. But what difference does it make? Certainly none to me! (I never search by category.)

1 Like

It was in the Hifi corner, you are right.

1 Like

Seems a bit odd, I dare say most of us have a streamer in front of out (Chord) DAC, but that’s clearly not the subject of this discussion.

1 Like

Nice pictures… how are you enjoying the True Signal Audio speaker cable?
I am really enjoying mine between my ATCs and my newly replaced Etude amp.

Thank god for that… thought I’d lost it :joy:

I was looking in HiFi corner for this thread and couldn’t find it then searched previous posts and found it that way.

As has been mentioned, not sure why it’s in streaming when they’re not streamers at all.

Edit. By the way… the ISO Regen isn’t happening now. I ended up getting an OpticalRendu and the better half got me a Keces P3 to power it for my 50th. Not much time with but so far very good!

2 Likes

Might be worth dropping a line to @Richard.Dane … there might have been tidy up and this thread got mis categorised…
I have no issue, but it does mix up the categories talking about cables, amps and DACs, albeit predominately non Naim, in the streaming section.

1 Like

It was completely gone for a while about a day ago. I was hoping Nick responded to my post #1866, but could not find it on either forum for a while. I even used the search function with the title, and it was no longer there. I actually thought Richard got fed up with all the non Naim talk, and removed it.

No my fault, I had to moderate something so isolated and then put it back in the Streaming room. Apologies. I’ll move it back again.

2 Likes