Qutest to Pre. What interconnect are you using?

I’ve been running my TV and bluray through the Qutest into a 252 for some time. Last year I added a Core to tidy up the CDs and I’ve been pleased with that. The LP12 still rules the roost, although the NAT01 probably gets the most airtime while I’m working. However, I’ve now taken the plunge into streaming by adding a Bluesound Node 2i, which is also running through the Qutest. The sound is surprisingly good, even just standard Amazon Music. It’s made me wonder if there would be a significant gain in using a better quality interconnect between the Qutest and 252, hence the interest in what any other Qutest users might be using and their reflections on any improvements they heard.

Probably not much help, but I am using Chord Chrysalis RCA to DIN. Not sure of the vintage but will go back to my Nait 5 days. They work for me and I haven’t tried anything else to my SN1.

1 Like

I really like Chord cables. I’m using a Chord Cobra Plus RCA/DIN cable between my Qutest and NAC 202. It sounds wonderfully full, detailed and smooth.

You may want something better than this with a 252 so maybe further up the Chord range would work for you.

James

I’m using Chord RCA to BNC Interconnects between the Core/Bluesound and Qutest. Nicely made cables. As you say I’m sure there are better cables but I’m not inclined to spend too much as the LP12 remains my focus for serious listening.

1 Like

I did try other cables including Naims own DIN interconnect but I found that I preferred the Chord. It just works so well and I think I’d probably go through other upgrades (pre/power etc) before I changed it.

2 Likes

Started with a Moon Audio rca to Din but ended up with an audioquest Yosemite rca to the SN3. Sounds more detailed and holographic in comparison.

1 Like

When I had the Qutest paired with a SN2, I used a HiLine and that sounded really good.

1 Like

I have Qutest to 252, using a Chord Signature rca’s interconnect. I play from Qobuz, Itunes, Vox and Safari on my macbook pro and and think it sounds fantastic. I imagine a proper streamer would be better but I’m amazed by the sound from the macbook already, and happy here!

1 Like

I use AudioQuest SKY (with the 72DBS) silver RCAs from Qutest to my SN2. My BNC-to-BNC (to ND5 XS2) is a Nordost Silver Shadow. Great combo!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.