Rachmaninov 3 - Your favourite version

Just a quick note. I did eventually settle for the 24 bit Ashkenazy version - procured it from Qobuz with decent discount as I am currently a sublime member. It did come with a very good booklet (they quite often do) explaining that it is a remastering of the original 1972? tape. Aslo included are interesting notes about each of the pieces and other recordings that may be of interest. Booklet is in English, French and German.

I note that your profile mentions Montreal so French may be your preference, that said your English is excellent so that may be your mother tongue. Spent a few really good days in Montreal last summer whilst visiting family there. It is a lovely city.

Thank you Orac for the update.

I’m surprised to learn that the 24 bit came with a booklet, in my ignorance in everything streaming I didn’t think that that was possible. Enjoy!

French is my mother tongue but I read French and English equally - sometimes it takes me a few minutes to realise I’m reading in my second language.

If you ever come back to Montreal send me a note we could organize a listening session (normal life and travel will come back someday!)

Claude

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.