Radio Paradise superb sound

Did you get this sorted?

Radio Paradise sounds like a mediocre record deck. I really try my best with this station but the sound is changed everything somehow sounds similar, like its the same mixing desk. Sure it sounds good, not digital; or whatever.

Frankly I dont enjoy it, its dull.

That’s weird, even at 320 it sounds excellent…it is a radio station.

Can you point to another internet radio station that sounds very good so that we can do some comparisons?

I dont understand what you mean. I said it sounds good.

But all songs are somehow the same, its like they have adjusted speed and volume levels. I have said this for years.

Basically if you for some unknown reason listen to radio 1. Everything is compressed and the same level. This is the same but the quality is a bit better. All that RP does for me is point me to some music I might want to hear, thats a good thing. But the sound quality of the station, well its good, like a mediocre record player.

Or put another way, I can take about an hour of it before I find myself slipping into a coma

Rereading it now…ok, then you think the sound is very good but the individual tracks are blended out so there’s a lack of depth to the instrument/voices on the tracks played, or something like that.

I have not noticed that, maybe because I only ever listen to it whilst I work, will check it out.

Well yes, its playlists are composed by genre, so if you choose a mellow mix, then that’s what you get. And that’s what I like. On their Main Mix you get quite some different kinds of music though. I take it as a bonus if their sound quality is equally on a higher side for most of the tracks.

Listened again this morning, I only listen to the Main Mix as I found the Mellow Mix…too Mellow, and as I am on the old streamer tech. I get RP in 320kb, I don’t feel the ‘washing out’ of the music at all or dullness.

There are many internet radio stations that have this character though, and I don’t listen to them because of that, so I get Gary’s slight irritation. But I don’t hear that for 320 RP.

I listen to the main mix. Its really no bother, if I want to feel sleepy I have radio paradise. I just don’t understand how led zep can sound like dido. But hey ho!

I think the sound quality for a radio stream is very good, I think you’ll find though if you pull up the individual tracks from your own library, there is a stark and fundamental difference. But as I say it sounds good for radio.

Yes, but for me that’s exactly what I like in their stream, my own CD-s often sound much worse for some reason …

If you are using a 1st gen. Naim streamer with the lossy RP streams, I would agree, they sound pretty dull to me. Better than a lot of other iRadio, but still very much fit for background music only to my mind. The point of this thread, though, I think was to point out the improved quality of the lossless streams that they support.

2 Likes

I’m using this station …superb sound and music

4 Likes

It’s not dull or washed out at all, it’s likely a user preference issue. I’m using a m3u file via minimserver on my QNAP to my SU and the RP FLAC streams are exquisite. Better than any other stream I’ve found except JBRadio2.

1 Like

I have been listening to RP for 5 years and agree a great eclectic mix and sound quality is good as stream at decent rate …but in case your in mood, note that they have 3 stations… 1/RP main eclectic mix 2/ RP Rock Mix which as name suggests sticks to rock…and 3/ RP mellow mix…

1 Like

Ahhh, doesn’t that make four stations…?:crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.