RAW TALENT or LOSE its SOUL (pictures)

220px-Robert_Johnson

2 Likes

Tom Waits

3 Likes

Herbie Hancock, one of my favorite musician. Still living fortunately, but he has not realized a new album since many years. A bit sad.

4 Likes

Genius

3 Likes

The best so far without a doubt. The three albums he made for Virgin Records are a joy.

That plane was known as the Starship and was fitted out with a full hearth and fireplace - not put to use obviously! There’s some photos on line if you search.

1 Like

Gary Moore,.and that song

:small_blue_diamond:@Gwarminger,…I recognize him,.but help me with the name.

/Peder :slightly_smiling_face:

Crosby Stills Nash and Young

:small_orange_diamond:A tip: Please write who is in the picture you put in,.everyone does not recognize all the artists.

I recognize them,.but do not come on the name sometimes.
So please,.write who it is you put in a picture of.

/Peder🙂

The late, great Scott Walker. His influence on Bowie and scores of other artists is incalculable. the older he got, the more out there his music went…

5 Likes

Nice one at least Peder got his name.

1 Like

And talking of The Dame…

As well as a great singer and songwriter, DB was a taste-maker, an astute musical magpie and a master of media with an eye that was as good as his ear. We shan’t see his like again.

8 Likes

@TheKevster in the Scott Walker 30th Century Man documentary Bowie refers to his girlfriend introducing him to Scott Walker and the comment that the said girlfriend previously went out with Scott Walker. Having just bought the recent anthology of Lesley Duncan turns out Lesley was the girlfriend of Scott and Bowie.
Also, answered the question why Bowie was a mate of Alex Harvey (Harvey’s girlfriend lived in the same flat as Lesley Duncan) and why Bowie sent flowers to Lesley’s funeral. Phew glad I got that cleared up.

1 Like

An exceptional talent capable of making beautiful music on machines, traditional instruments and even the odd building.

2 Likes

Now Bob that is a bit naughty. Not naming names you have been asked.

So just to keep the peace here. The two in grey in the middle are Lynn Mabry and Ednah Holt.

2 Likes

Jocky Wilson, great darts player

The guitar maestro that is J.J. Cale photographed by Anton Corbijn:

Jonathan

6 Likes

I seem to remember from when I were a lad, that there were four Scousers who wrote a few good toons…

3 Likes

What Gerry and the Pacemakers?

3 Likes

Who’d Have thought that Jocky would be a fashion icon today especially for haircuts.

1 Like

Nick Cave

4 Likes