ReadyNAS offline according to HDX

These are RFC 1918 addresses, and you can share them without any concern, they are only meaningful to you and your home network and nobody else.

BTW you can try enabling IPv6 … both on your NAS and your router. IPv6 is more reliable when it comes to local addressing etc.

Can you clarify… can you log onto your NAS with a web browser ? If so does the NAS say the shares are active? If so what file system are you using? SMB?
If the answer to the above is yes… what does your Mac see? Can you mount the NAS?

Simon

David, thanks for the suggestion. The AirPort is much slower than the new fiber optic router (90 Mbps versus 900 Mbps on initial speedtest)- not sure whether both could be used somehow.

Rick- I checked and the firmware is unto date. I removed all shares using the DTC on the iMac. I shut down the HDX, waited 10 min, restarted, it rescanned, and I get the same result.

@Simon-in-Suffolk. Simon, you are a genius! I enabled IPv6 on the router, and rescanned the shares, and hey presto! the Music_Share stayed online. That was the trick. So for others here in the US getting a new CenturyLink fiber optic modem/router, just enable IPv6. I’m using SMB protocol BTW.

So grateful for all who helped here. All the best,
Wayne

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.