Recap/ service certificate?

250.2 service:
4x 10000uF reservoir caps.
2x 10uF tantalum.
6x 47uF tantalum.
4x 100uF tantalum
4x 10uF radial.
4x 47uF radial.

Every job will have paperwork when it leaves the Service Department inside a document wallet attached to the outside of the outer carton.

Regards
Neil.

3 Likes

No such information attached to my cds3 service last January unfortunately Doug brady Warrington

I have 3 pieces of kit i bought used and have a service sheet for each of them. One from a dealer, 1 from the german distributor and 1 from the italian distributor. So definitly strangeā€¦

thank you for your info. I live in Sweden and asked for this both in the store and also at the distributor but they say that there is no such documentā€¦ I would very much appreciate having this document. best regards

Have you checked the outside of the box(es), as I think the papers are attached in cellophane blisters? ā€“ and it may not be obvious they contain the service sheets.

1 Like

yes I did, no documentsā€¦

Do you have an RMA number?

Regards
Neil.

RMA-062201

thanks

If the dealer snags that service sheet the customer wonā€™t necessarily have the info.

For me the potential benefit of using Naim servicing rather than anyone else who might be able to source identical components is simply the provenance of the repair/service.

Without some kind of certificate for the owner should they later sell/trade-in the equipment the value of a Naim factory service/repair seems diminished unless an invoice/receipt provides equivalent detail - the receipt/invoice might also pre-date the service/repair.

1 Like

Might be nice for there to be a copy inside the box for the customer too? (I think I read these external notes may be used/removed by the dealer, or if a batch of serviced items were sent the dealer gets a summary worksheet but not on individual customer granularity).

1 Like

thank you, I totally agree with you. I have asked my dealer for this several times but they say there is nothing.

Seems odd to me, perhaps itā€™s always been so but perhaps Naim could consider these comments as constructive requests.

Agree - especially with any offshore kit, where transit may damage the box.

These papers are essential for pre-loved kit IMV, and also act as reassurance to the owner that the work has been done as requested - especially as this kit is passaging through dealers.

Having taken my car in for attentions, Iā€™ve had occasions where the work request wasnā€™t actioned but they were ready to hand the keys back - with the explanation of ā€˜weā€™ve diagnosed the faultā€™ (when itā€™s a grinding gearbox it diagnoses itself!!).

2 Likes

Okay, as long as you have that reference number, I suggest you approach your dealer again.

Or failing that, our tech support team may be able to help you out.

Regards
Neil.

2 Likes

Yes, thank you I will do another try again. best regards

When I got some chrome bumper items a couple of years back, customer service were able to dig out and send me copies of the service records they had on file - showing they were last touched by them about 14 years ago!

1 Like

This is atypical IMHO. Service sheets are always attached to the side of the box or boxes that are being serviced. As far as Iā€™m concerned they are the clientā€™s property, just like the contents of the box and should be given to the client so he/she has a full and detailed list of the service work completed by Naim Service or for that matter Class A.
In the unlikely event of a service sheet becoming detached it should be easy to obtain a copy of the work either from the retailer, or if this proves ā€œdifficultā€ then directly from Naim by quoting the RMA number that each and every factory service job is given. Nobody should be missing this information if they want it! It is the service history of the item when all said and done! This information is kept on record at Naim as Richard PW has just mentioned.

KR,

Peter

4 Likes

Unless the work is something that he canā€™t do, I donā€™t understand why people donā€™t just send their work to Darran.
He is quicker, you deal direct, you can drop off/pick up, or post, and he is cheaper. And of course he makes this thread redundant.

2 Likes

There are a number of reasons why owners send their kit to Naim for service, not least because there are a number of things that can only be done at the factory. AFAIK Darran cannot easily take in kit for service from overseas.

To Hifirydis, I believe your distributor is on the case so I would suggest you get in touch with them, if you arenā€™t already.

4 Likes

Yes, I have asked them again because I do think this is something that owners should have.

1 Like