Recommended speakers for Uniti Atom HE

Same is true of the AE1’s but they are within budget whereas PMC’s are not

Agree with that. Active SCM40s, excellent though they are, are too much for the size of the proposed room as well as way over budget. I’ve not heard the AE1s but they’ve garnered some good reviews, so they’d certainly be on my list.

Roger

1 Like

What you also have to take into consideration with room size, is the height of the ceiling. Older properties tend to have 9ft + ceilings, which gives you a bit more latitude with ATC SCM40A’s.:blush:

Neat iota alphas are now £1620 plus a power amp would be needed; but for the room size I think these should work well. That’s pushing the budget unless going second hand is an option. In the UK it would be fairly easy to source the neats plus a nap100, for example, both “pre loved”.

In the US I’d look at the Schiit Vidar as a power amp $699 new.

True - I was going off the UK price of just under £2k. Looks like they are closer to 3k USD. Looks like the AEs would be s more appropriate option!

2 Likes

Thanks for replying - I will take a look at the NAP 100.

Thanks for the suggestion - I like the point about the PMCResult 6 monitors.

Take a look at the Acoustic Energy AE1 Actives. These were given a fantastic review paired with an Atom HE and should be well within your budget allowing money to be spent on decent stands and cables too.

Otherwise, both Focal and Dynaudio do active monitors, which should also pair nicely with the Atom HE.

1 Like

And there are Atc active 19’s too if the 40’s are too big.

If you are referring to frequency response and volume levels, then I would agree with you. However, on the physical dimensions of the two speakers, there is no difference between the 19A or 40A cabinets. :smiley:

1 Like

But still way over budget.

Roger

I used a Nap 100 with the HE and Sonus Faber Venere 1 speakers. A very nice combination and very suitable with a small or medium size room.

1 Like

Thanks for responding. I live in the USA and I was wondering how easy it is to change the amplifier voltage to 120? Great Naim fan by the way and brought Naim equipment when I lived in England.

With that limited budget I suggest secondhand. Smaller PMC or ATC actives come up frequently within about that budget. Both brands are very reliable, and last nearly forever and being designed as monitor speakers they are intended to have a neutral response so might be expected to do well on all music including classical, though of course the smaller they are the more limited the bottom end and the scale they can reproduce.

You should contact avoptions about this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.