Record Cleaning Fluid

Just done 10 of my mates records for him. A two stage process, spin clean first to remove the worst, then into the Project machine to vacuum it dry.
All 10 are well played. And very grubby.
This is what came out of the Project.
But play well now.

Jeez… Urology Clinic or what?

:laughing:

Hehe, if that’s his beer he’s going to need a urology clinic :rofl:

Quite surprised what the RCM vacuumed out of the records considering I’d already stuck them through the spin clean thing to remove a lot of the obvious muck.
The solids surprised me. The yellow colour is standard for dirty records. My mates collection of records were not well looked after at all. Real grot over most.
I think one or two will require another go to get them nice and quiet though.

Good grief how much fluid do you use? I’ve never had a drop out of my machine despite getting through a few litres of solution in the couple of years I’ve had it

They are wet when they come from the spin clean thing, then a light film when on the RCM so I can work it in with the goats hair brush.
These are the most dirty I have cleaned. I refused to play any other them before cleaning.
It was the solids that surprised me the most.
I do find that if I do say 50 records at a time, the wet exhaust does get quite warm, so I expect a lot of the fluid evaporates.
I drained this off straight after to show my mate.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.