RedDisk CD Playback Presentation better than streamed WAV file?

The most organic, lifelike, and romantic sounding Digital Playback system I have ever heard was
the Naim CDS2 + XPS back in 1998. The cost for both plus upgraded Naim power cords was
tragically catastrophic though.

If your CDS3 has the same voice you are one lucky duck.

If it helps I was an NDX and CDS3/XPSDR owner. I spent about a year trying to convince myself that the CD replay was the better as it cost way more. I found the NDX (bare) was just as good as the CD/XPSDR. I commited to ripping all my CDs (took over a year) and sold the CDS3. That made the XPSDR available for the NDX. Nice. The XPSDR now sits on a NDX2. Never looked back.

How many CDs was that?!

2111 CDs according to Asset, about 60% classical.Still a few to do …

Interesting comment Lindsay…as I am on my second ND555. For the first i was interested in its burn in and so forth. After 2 months it had a problem, the new player was great, but needed to burn in again. I just sat back and enjoyed the music, rather than listening to subtle changes. I couldn’t tell you about any changes at all with this player.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.