Rega Albums Choices at the Bristol Hifi Show 2024

10/24 and listening to the others. At a show I would expect the best material to provide precisely a good show.

Some of this material is very, very well known and will help to find differences between the show and the same thing at home.

Is there a thread about the show?

2 Likes

Saw this whilst at airport and now itā€™s the listening choice for flight to Dublin, cheers, opening songs are showing promise.

2 Likes

Oh my days of flying out to Dublin from London on a regular basis on days like today are thankfully a distant memory. Hope the music calms the flight.

I own 8 of those show; however I donā€™t play them often, but thanks to @AndyP for recommending two I have not heard: June Tabor and Annette Askvik.

3 Likes

Yes same here. I have only two of them and hadnā€™t heard of any of the others. I Felt like I must have led a sheltered music existence!

2 Likes

Yes, I listen to rock too sometimes. Even though the Rega choice has gained some criticism on here it was a far wider choice than the female vocals or piano pieces in most of the other room. I did ask for some big brass band music in one room, but the polite reply was they only have access to a couple of tracks.

1 Like

1/24. I have a June Tabor but not that album.
Iā€™d like to hear Ella & Louis, and Masakela.

I have 10 of the Rega selection which is a much better selection than most hifi shows imo. Harvest is a strange one though. My favourite Young album but Iā€™ve never thought of it as well recorded. Depends which track was played I guess. Most dems at hifi shows seen to be presented by people who arenā€™t really interested in music. Clearly the Rega team is, looking at their selection. Canā€™t go wrong with Tabor, it was always Airs & Graces back in the day. Always beautifully recorded.

Have not been to a hifi show for years not due to lack of interest but donā€™t feel the need to but found this topic of Regaā€™s choice of music interesting. I have two of the albums albeit on CD and just raised a thought on how their choices would show off equipment capabilities etc. Before having my gear serviced I had a line up of discs/music that I would play including Eva. Cassidy that I knew would sound good especially Daft Punk Random Access. Other discs that were more complex like Mansun were put to one side. So I didnā€™t want to play what would show up the system. But of late I can now play what I like and if attending any demo to upgrade etc I would definitely be more impressed with my own choice of music. Remember hearing Radio Africa at a dealer demo when the Troika was launched, triamped Isobariks etc sounded mind blowing do I play that disc now yes but memory is a terrible thing sometimes in sound terms never matched it but still great music.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.