Rega Saturn Mk3

Two systems too different to say to be honest. I was listening to the Saturn at Tom Tom with Naim amps and Neat Petite 30’s.

My Cdx2.2 into my SN3 and Kef ls50 metas and Kc62 sub.

Rooms totally different.

But what I can say is that the Saturn brought the same solidity in that system to my Cdx2.2 in mine, sounded big boned and fleshed out.

The petites were contributing massively to the vocals but you can’t add what isn’t there in the first place.

The solidity of the cdx2 is what I find the most difficult to replicate in other CD players, but the Saturn seemed to bring that to the party as well as all the detail and superb vocals.

If I was looking for a new CD player I would be buying one.

5 Likes

Fantastic

Me too

1 Like

Recently upgraded from Appollo to new Saturn R and very happy indeed with the sound and its built like a tank.

Great. Are you running it directly into your Nait and your ATCs, or are you using the digital output into a DAC?

Hi,
I am running directly into my XS2 and now into Proac DT8s although still missing the ATCs.

1 Like

I have for about a month the player rega saturn mk3, with supernait 3 and spendor d7.2, chord epic x speaker cables. It all sounds great. I recommend the same saturn mk3 both for listening to CDs and using it only as a separate dac maybe connected to a node 2i.

4 Likes

Thanks! What speakers do you use?

Maybe asking if ‘X’ is ‘good enough’, is not the best approach.

If you need to ask - then perhaps it isn’t…?

I owned a Rega Apollo, a while back - and found it to be fine. I replaced it with my Naim CDX2 - which is finer. If - my CDX2 were to die and were to be un-repairable - by Naim or anyone else - then I would probably be looking at a Rega to replace it - and probable it would be the Saturn…

Naim Forum FAQ - Be Agreeable…

1 Like

Totally agree

I have a Saturn currently on loan whilst my Isis is being replaced (that’s another story) and I find it excellent in a 282/SC/250 system with Dali Epicon 6 speakers. The Isis replaced a CDX2 and was clearly better but I’d say the Saturn is as good as the CDX2 too. If I had to keep it and I hadnt heard the Isis I’d be more than happy with it.

4 Likes

Thanks Andy!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.