Rega vs Linn TTs

Both brands make great music but there are other TTs available. How much do you want to spend? As a very rough guide I would suggest if you want to max out at less than £5k Rega could well be your answer, above that Roksan, Avid, Vertere, Linn amongst others should all be considered.

Regards,

Lindsay

1 Like

Excellent point and I agree. Aesthetics are also important. You have to like the look of a thing…

I love my Rega TT. But an LP12 is the most attractive TT out there, by far. Personally, I’m a sucker for a fluted plinth.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t say that the lp12 is the best looking turntable out there, it does have a classic look about it.
The rega P10 and P8, infact all the skeleton decks, do look a bit strange, definitely a marmite deck for looks, i cant say i personally think the thing looks great, its ok, i do prefer other decks more, but for sound quality its very hard to match without spending much more money, to better it, then you are talking very big money.
The amount of detail it can retrieve is astonishing, not always a good thing as sometimes it can make things sound worse, but like all great gear that can do this, on the right recording the results are just fantastic

5 Likes

For me both Rega and Linn have very average look. REGA looks quite like a Fisher Price toy and Linn like a vintage deck from the 70’s.
But for sound, and price, Rega is difficult to beat. The reason I have one.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.