Regulated, Linear DC power supplies, China alternatives

Ah, that’s good to know, thanks FZ.

Yes… I agree. We (our company) has been importing goods from China for nearly 30 years - there is a lot of rubbish there and a lot of illegal rubbish! We’ve had, for example, batches of smps that have been dodgy and had to be destroyed and you honestly cannot believe the CE &c. markings. They will often self certificate their goods and what they think is acceptable if often NOT for the UK/EU. Mind you I’ve also had goods from respectable companies with proper test reports from EU labs and Ofcom have insisted the goods can’t be sold in the UK!

However there ARE some bargains to be had. Often a UK (or EU) seller will significantly mark-up the price of a product which they also source from China so going direct can, sometimes, yield a saving.

VAT… goods sold by ebay and aliexpress into the UK market, as from 1 jan this year, MUST have VAT included. These companies now charge and collect VAT on behalf of the UK tax man.

This is my experience as well, some are high quality, but even then, QC is often non-existent. Everything that leaves the factory and isn’t obviously broken beyond repair on cursory glance is shipped out.

1 Like

Speaking of things from China I thought this was a little cheeky.

4 Likes

God yes! I’ve seen the insides of a knockoff NAP250. Hilarious. Utter rubbish.

I’m not convinced anyone seriously in the market for Naim would get duped. So I doubt this crud has a bottom line impact. Really for posers who want some bling. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

1 Like

I find one, dual output, made in Taiwan, Keces P 3. Seems to have a very good reputation on different forums. Around 400 euros.
Seems well built and a lot of very good reviews.

• Two fully separate power supplies (no ground loop possible)
  • Output voltages in different configurations
  • Output voltages available 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 16 & 24 V
  • Output current 2 X 3 A
  • Over voltage, over current and under voltage protection
  • Over temperature protection
  • Output stage built with discrete components
  • Extremely low noise level
  • High quality custom made toroidal transformer
  • No 50 Hz humming or buzz noise
  • Enclosure made of 3 mm aluminum; fully shielded against EMI/RFI
  • Radiation free to prevent polluting other equipment
  • 1 m DC cables with 5.5/2.1 mm connectors and 5.5/2.5 mm adapters
  • AC Input Voltage 110-120 V 60 Hz & 220-240 V 50 Hz (switchable)
  • Power consumption 120 Watts maximum (at full load)
  • Weight 3.5 kg / 7.7 lbs
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.