Relaxing a Burndy

Both of mine were the black Burndy type. The Superline Burndy must have really needed the extra twists (50 or 60) - it is sounding lovely from the off after power up and that’s even without a day or two of settling time. Good stuff ! :grinning:

I think that differs between models. E.g., the 252 and S-XPS burndy has the harder black cover, the burndys of the 300, e.g., have the woven one

That’s my take on it too but don’t forget I’ve already been mistaken once in this thread.

I bought them all new last year

Will Naim offer a return to Salisbury Shea Butter massage service plan on these Burndies?

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

When doing a rebuild, I find it helpful to set my Burndied boxes out in the room with the backs facing me, and positioned next to each other exactly as they are in the rack - exact same vertical and horizontal offset. This makes the process of getting the correct zero-torsion plug alignment a lot easier. Once that’s done and the boxes are back in position, the Burndies then usually slot straight in, as Nature intended.

1 Like

Very diplomatic Richard as I guess such a video would take what, 3-4 hours of time max? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This sounds you have a second set of racks for rebuilding :grinning:

Are all your connected boxes at the same height or do you have them set up on cardboard boxes?

I have two stacks, and my Burndied boxes (552DR, SuperLine) are at the tops of their respective racks, while the power supplies are just above the floor, on custom supports, nestled under the opposite rack. To replicate that setup I just need to sit the power supply on the floor and the box it supplies on a stack of books on a chair next to it. Not difficult to do, and I find it saves time and makes the whole process easier.

2 Likes

I like that, good thinking…

1 Like

Nice

My 52 Burndy grazes the floor. After the improvement from the CDS2 I need to think how I rectify that

1 Like

I had the same problem with one Burndy grazing the floor. As all other cables were clear of the floor, wall and each other, I didn’t want to make any major rearrangement. Being keen to keep the black box arrangement as is, and with no amount of Burndy manipulation fixing the problem, I needed another solution.

The best I could come up with was the deployment of a hook and elastic band, as can be seen in the photo below. The hook also acts as a rest for one of the speaker cables to keep it clear of other cables. The elastic band only very gently supports the Burndy just off the floor, so puts very little, if no, strain on this Burndy and its plugs.

Although it may not appear so, all other cables do not touch the floor, back wall or each other. PowerLines and speaker cables have been ‘levitated’ with the the aid of short lengths of pipe insulation. In fact I have just spotted the PL in the foreground has settled on the floor so I have just adjusted the pipe insulation to levitate it again.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t obsess about this. I just set it up and leave it.

Got to go, there are some men in white coats at the door!

Your space behind your rack seems more accessible than mine. And like it’s been more recently hoovered.

I’ll have a go at the weekend I think

Indeed, I have recently set up separate brawn and brains Fraim stacks so took the opportunity to allow myself more room behind and between stacks.

If you are pushed for space, just see if you can suspend that Burndy that grazes the ground, but whatever you do don’t lose any sleep over it, after all these are very fine tweaks we are talking about here.

Space between the stacks is my limiting factor. I wonder if it would benefit from the 52 being higher up the stack?

It’s currently on the bottom. I have CDS2, gap, NDX and then 52. Hence the Burndy grazing the floor.

Anyway not something to obsess over as you say. Thanks for your input.

I’ve just completed massaging and “relaxing” my Burndies … all very well, but far from relaxing, where my ageing back was concerned! :weary:

You can see on that picture Steve Sells from Naim. He is watching if the burndy is well relaxed.

4 Likes

A touch of masseuse’s back, Dave?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.