Repairs/service

Anybody know how long it takes for cds3 repair/service mine is gone 10 weeks now .

Where’s it gone? Salisbury?

Yes dealer sent it back.

Dealer told me to expect 8 to 10 weeks for my Supernait service.
I have to say I was surprised & disappointed, but due to house building work, now is/was the time to get it done.

Thanks for reply looks like it’s around 10 weeks .

Not that it will help now, but when i have had to send something to Salisbury, ive got my dealer to book the slot, then send it when the slot cones up.
That way i get to keep my kit and use it, rather than it sit at goods inwards in Salisbury.

1 Like

Yes probably best that way hopefully i will hear something soon my system is off 10 weeks now.

Can you not plug your smartphone in and stream temporarily?

Prefare the cd player i did at first but the sound quality wasn’t great so i just use my radio .Thanks for reply.

1 Like

I asked dealer to book a slot, but the slot is just to get the unit into ‘the system’.
It does seem that the service/repair set up is not what it used to be, my Nait-2 was away for just over 2 weeks about 7 years ago.

Great news ! Audio-T e-mailed to tell me my SuperNait is back from service. I left it with them on 20-July, will be collecting 25-Aug, so with shipping days at both ends of that period, it’s just about 4 weeks in the service shop, the 10 weeks plus stories have been confounded.

Will post more over next days …….

1 Like

The power of the Naim forum! :wink:

Great news good to hear…

I got my SN3 back last week, it was gone for 10 weeks

Very good I’m sure your happy back to listening .

I guess it is not a good idea to generalise. Happy that you have your SN back though

Hi @Hawkmoon & anyone else interested

My Supernait is back in its home.
SQ has improved, more top end than before & a more distinct sound stage, but after a month away & listening to the Nait-2, memory & expectations stuff, its hard to say for sure other than the obvious.
So nice to have the flexibility of system auto, flipping between sources & web-radio stations with the remote.
The NAS will be working overtime tonight.

You asked about what was done, it was returned with a job sheet, but it doesn’t include much detail …
Reported faults – Logo dull, slow Start Up
Faults confirmed – Logo bleed & failing BO cap
Replaced reservoir caps, BO cap, fitted jitter mod & updated to 01-04/01.03
Test OK - GS

Cost was £399 + £20 P&P

PS - there are 11 power supply caps, looks like x4 big ones for the main 2 channel double pair transformer/rectifier, not sure about the other x7.

2 Likes

Mine sounds really good too after it’s return but as you say maybe it was from listening to something else in its absence, in my case a Rega Osiris! I so much prefer the SN3 over the Rega, so much more nuanced and musically present albeit with less drive. They replaced both output relays, checked left/right balance and all tested ok, work carried out by GS also.

Great good to hear thanks.

My CDX2 mech repair is nearly 15 weeks and counting!