Request for support from SN3 owners

Thanks @Stephen_Tate, as always the comments and support are greatly appreciated. I won’t give up because these amps are so good sounding!

1 Like

Here’s a couple of things to try. Play something in Mono…Play a test tone say 200hz measure speaker out put with an SPL meter, measure each speaker at say 2ft… It may prove illustrating. If you don’t have an SPL meter they can be had for smartphones for close to free. I have a Dynaudio one, I use it at concerts or races, or measuring Naim amps LoL… :wink:

Thanks @anon5525519, I do use mono tracks as well because that is the only way to be sure that everything should appear in the centre when balanced correctly.
Not sure how I would get a test tone and would have to use a smart phone meter but that does sound like a good idea. It would allow me to take measurements as soon as any sound is audible from a speaker, set the balance until both speakers have sound and then repeat measurements for several volume increments.
Also, repeat without centralising the sound audibly as soon as sound is heard and comparing results. Very tedious though.

You can get test tones on the internet for free just google it

1 Like

If you have a Tidal subscription or similar, you will find various test tracks on there which might be useful. There are phone apps too; I use one called fGenerator that has a big choice of test tones, frequency sweeps, etc.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.