Right or wrong about jumpers

I’m now trialing the bottom pair on my main system in the large lounge, which has timber floors, so helping with an emphasis on the lower end.

I’m trailing the top pair in the media room/office, which has carpet and and is smaller room with a lower ceiling, so helping to tame the bass and emphasis the mids and highs.

Bottom pair sounds best on my Harbeth SHL5 Plus. As always with hifi I don’t trust my brain though. Placebo is evil.

1 Like

It could be an interesting test, if anyone’s inclined. Have your right speakers wired with both jumpers to the treble. Have your left speakers wired with both jumpers to the bass.
Global connections will be in phase, but the jumpers contribution will be out of phase.

Now I have changed speakers and got 3 pairs of terminals. New challenges, here is the proposal I received from the Supplier.

1 Like

Manufacturer recommends the HF as main connection for my speakers. I have tried it a number of ways and I agree with them it works better with the connection from amp to the HF and then jumper to the LF. I assume all speakers will be different and any combo will work best on any given speaker.

Just out of interest…my speakers [Akubariks, passive] have 10 sets of terminals for each speaker, thus requiring 8 jumpers for each speaker, I use ‘cheap’ 4 mm2 van damme jumpers…the sound/music is VASTLY better than with the supplied connecting strips, despite the larger amount of conductor and the longer, but presumably insignificant, time delays between drivers.

Hi
Just a quick word for the fabulous customer service at Neat Acoustics
I sent the question to them and got a text from
BOB SURGEONER himself straight away
His reply was
“You can connect them either way, or you can put the negative plug into the LF negative, and the positive into the HF positive (this is what I usually do).“
Fantastic this definitely works best !!
Many thanks to Bob :grinning:
Cheers
Tony

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.