RIP Charlie Watts

Perhaps a merge @Richard.Dane ?

1 Like

Hoped it was fake as earlier in the week, sad news….

Knew there was something wrong when he pulled out of the Stones tour, but I wasn’t expecting this. What a shock. Charlie will be sorely missed, RIP

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dies at 80 Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dies at 80 - BBC News

Thanks for starting this thread. Sigh. Well, I know which music I’ll be listening to this evening.

2 Likes

Dear me, two great artists in a week. Don Everley and now Charlie. RIP both, but what extraordinary lives they led.

4 Likes

Threads merged.

Here’s a link to the Charlie Watts thread from a few weeks back when we first heard he was ill…

Very sad to hear this news. RIP Charlie.

1 Like

Really sad to hear this. I wonder if they’ll carry on once existing commitments are fulfilled.

That really feels like an era is coming to an end. Very sad. But one heck of a career.

4 Likes

The Stones’ engine-room, who always kept the band on track whenever it was starting to fall apart.

R.I.P. Charlie.

7 Likes

Booo.

Mind he was 80, though I can’t believe he’s been outlived by Keef.

2 Likes

Gosh……just heard the sad news, what a loss
R.I.P Charlie a true gent of music and life. :pray:

4 Likes

I am deeply saddened and have that pit in my stomach feeling with the passing of a true legend.

R.I.P.

Sheat… :sleepy:

RIP Charlie.

Keef will outlive us all, I suspect. I do worry over the state of the planet we’ll be leaving him.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the drumming Charlie.

G

1 Like

If Jagger “was” the brains of this band, Charlie was the heart. Thanks for the memories.
R.I.P Charlie.

2 Likes

Very sad news, he will be greatly missed. Rest In Peace Charlie.

10 Likes

Oh dear, this is terribly sad news. R.I.P. Charlie Watts.