RIP Christine McVie

Breaking news on twitter that Christine McVie has passed away. Tragic news if it is confirmed

6 Likes

On the BBC, very sad RIP.

1 Like

Oh dreadful………and apparently confirmed by her family. Such a talented singer songwriter for Mac and before…….loved her stuff with Chicken Shack……only 79 and appeared to be going strong😢

6 Likes

Sad news indeed. A Songbird lost.

4 Likes

Christine McVie, Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter, dies aged 79 linkto: Christine McVie, Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter, dies aged 79 - BBC News

1 Like

Sad news.

Very sad news indeed.

It is with great sadness that I have just read that Christine McVie has passed away.

She was a beautiful lady who I never had the privilege to meet but felt I caught the escence of her through her music.

Richard

1 Like

A legend.

10 Likes

I always felt that Christine flew slightly below the radar of the music world; but only in the sense that she was a truly massive talent and major power driving and holding together Fleetwood Mac, without appearing ‘front and centre’ in the limelight. Her star will shine brighlty forever with some of the most moving songs written. RIP Christine McVie.

Peter

12 Likes

Totally devastated. Rest in peace beautiful songbird.

4 Likes

Very sad news. Tonight I just had to give “Songbird” a blast to get the VU Meters moving. Hauntingly beautiful, and seems very poignant this evening…

4 Likes

Just read this - I had just learned how to play Bob Welch’s “Sentimental Lady” on guitar (which was previously recorded when he was in FM), and commented to my brother how her voice was the perfect voice for the little accents she added; her voice is so unique that nobody else’s would have been as “right.”

The circle gets smaller and smaller…

Very sad news. Wonderful musician
RIP Christine

Very sad news. Time to put on “You make Loving Fun”…

5 Likes

Indeed, rest in peace beautiful songbird.
I first saw her when she was Christine Perfect, playing with Chicken Shack.
Great times, but so many years ago, makes you think ….
She will be sadly missed

5 Likes

Such an instantly recognisable voice. Will play a few from the songbird this weekend.

G

2 Likes

Very sad and will be much missed. May she fly in peace.

As John McVie joked, “She was perfect until she married me.”

4 Likes

Sad news one of my all time favourite ladies and the corner stone of Fleetwood Mac
rest easy Christine

3 Likes