RIP Christine McVie

Here is a Christine McVie (in Fleetwood Mac) compilation I put together a few years ago which gets a regular spin - all solid gold.

Show Me A Smile
Morning Rain
Homeward Bound
Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
Remember Me
Dissatisfied
Did You Ever Love Me
Believe Me
Crazy Love
Keep On Going
The Way I Feel
Why
Heroes Are Hard To FInd
Come A Little Closer
Bad Loser
Prove Your Love

1 Like

I’m one of the generation who now watches the deaths of all the admired musicians we grew up with.

So yes… another one fallen off the perch. Everybody shuffle along a bit.

4 Likes

5f07984405c6f788765db3b2f24a7873
love this album

2 Likes

The BBC obituary:
Christine McVie: The songbird behind some of Fleetwood Mac’s greatest hits Christine McVie: The songbird behind some of Fleetwood Mac's greatest hits - BBC News

So very sorry to hear this news, a leading light in one of my favourite bands and her voice is simply heavenly especially on Songbird.

Well worth reading the Ken Caillat books on Rumours and Tusk, he was the engineer and was there as it all happened.

She will live forever through her amazing legacy of music. I’m certainly going to be playing her music tonight. RIP.

2 Likes

For you there’ll be no more crying.
For you the sun will be shining.
Thanks for the music Christine :clap:

8 Likes

Very sad, she was an excellent singer, songwriter and musician, whom I saw several times with Fleetwood Mac. She was indeed Christine Perfect. RIP

3 Likes

A nice BBC4 night dedicated to Christine tonight.

6 Likes

It is sad, but inevitable. So many of the stars of the past are now of a similar age, or more.

Here’s a few that we still have - but could lose at any time -

Tina Turner, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Robert Fripp, Brian May, David Gilmour, Robert Plant - and so on.

A few are older than Christine was. Some are still out there, touring. But… If you want to see them…

1 Like

Nice insight in the Guardian:

1 Like

The wonderful “Songbird” has flown.

1 Like

Blimey, I suspect that will be news to him! I suspect too that Toyah’s keeping him in good shape…

2 Likes

I am sure Robert is aware that he is 76 - and Toyah is only 64…

but no Songbird!

2 Likes

Oh but the songs listed are so much better and so often overlooked.

1 Like

Yup, probably the best of all of them.

John McVie says “she was Perfect until she married him” and she was still perfect afterwards!

2 Likes

Love this comment. It happens everywhere, Perfect, until I married her. That is going around!

We have been listening to her all night on the many CMc streams. She is as important to us as John Lennon. Her loss has more impact here, because we rarely listen to the Beatles.

1 Like

They live very near us. Both looking fine recently. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

In Pershore, I believe… :thinking: