RIP Daft Punk

5 Likes

:cry:

Sad day …

Very sad to hear this. Random Access Memories is my favourite album so far this century. Maybe they realised they could never top it.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m inclined to think they’d nowhere else to go artistically.

2 Likes

Too bad …

I’m sorry, how sad … This year many have gone …

The duo have just split , they’ll probably still continue to work as producers or perhaps solo work.

1 Like

They haven’t died Andrea, they’ve just decided to go their separate ways.

1 Like

How do they decide who’s daft and who’s punk. ?

2 Likes

Rubbish news

Far better to quit leaving your fans wanting more, than slumber on for the sake of it and putting out material of decreasing quality.

1 Like

Perhaps there could be a follow up STARDUST album that never was back then, now that daft has more time on his hands.

3 Likes

‘Human After All’ proved they really were as that wasn’t them at their best but then I read somewhere that they’d fallen out with their record label or something so it was just a rush job to finish the contract.

1 Like

:cry:
Tonight…

3 Likes

You mean after the one album where they did electronica without the electronica (i.e. studio sessions with musical instruments played by humans in the style of electronica) :smiley:

Seriously though. It is hard to top. How cool are the sonic fireworks of the drum solo on “Contact”? I always use that track to give a system a dynamic range workout.

1 Like

Omar Hakim is just one of the all time great drummers

3 Likes

Fair points all. I’m not especially a fan of music held up to be well-recorded but if you want an example there’s few better than Random Access Memories.

Plus Michel Gondry for video. Exceptional collaborations.

2 Likes

Tell us more about the girls… :slight_smile:

1 Like

What goes on in nightclubs, stays in nightclubs… :wink::smiley: