RIP Naomi Judd

I’ve just read the sad news of the passing of country music star Naomi Judd at the age of 76.
With her daughter Wynnona at her side, ‘The Judds’ became a dominating force in the country music charts from 1983 until they officially disbanded, due to Naomi’s ill health, in December 1991. Their trademark angelic harmonies (akin to a female version of the Everly’s) brought them fame with 5 Grammys and 9 Country Music Association Awards.
Very sadly, Naomi passed on one day before The Judds were due to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame today (Sunday).

Tributes paid after death of country music star Naomi Judd, 76 - BBC News

Naomi remained very proud of her two daughters; Wynnona Judd continues as a solo Country performer, and Ashley Judd as a Hollywood actress.

The Judds were the first country music act to catch my attention in the mid-1980s. Rest peacefully Naomi, and thank you for the music you brought into my, and many others’ lives.

7 Likes

I’m sad to hear this.
I was introduced to their incredible vocals by Derek Whittington, formerly of Sound Advice in Loughborough.
I bought an album after he played it to me and it still gets occasional plays.
Until that moment, I thought I didn’t like anything Country!

2 Likes

RIP Naomi. I have all The Judds albums on Vinyl. They are cheesy, sure, but also just simply beautiful. Wonderful recording /production quality for Wynonna and Naomi’s perfectly matched vocals.

3 Likes

Rest In Peace

Me too! Must see if I can find it online as I no longer have that vinyl copy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.