RIP Olivia Newton-John

Not a huge fan of her music, but boy did I have a crush on her growing up.
RIP Dame Olivia Newton-John

18 Likes

Had a huge crush on her when I first saw this - so sad

7 Likes

Very sad news, she has been fighting cancer for many years, giving hope to many. Her performance with John Travolta in Grease was wonderful, and my favourite memory.

7 Likes

You, and millions of other teenage boys! :grinning:

14 Likes

Such a beautiful lady, very sad news but she suffered on and off for a long time RIP Olivia

4 Likes

Wasn’t it Dave Lee Travis (BBC Radio 1 DJ) who coined the nickname ‘Olivia Neutron Bomb’ for her?
Very sad loss. Rest peacefully Dame Olivia.

4 Likes

So sad, I met her many years ago at a function and took a picture of her with my first camera. Her radiant smile really captured me and she was so very nice. RIP Olivia Newton-John.

15 Likes

I’ve just woken to the very sad news, I’m shattered I had such a crush on her in the 80s it hurt. Like others wasn’t a big fan of her music but she always came across as someone you’d like in person.

Tears in my coffee. :cry:

12 Likes

I met her about 25 years ago at some event or other, she was absolutely delightful. In every picture of her I’ve ever seen, she’s smiling. What a lovely lady, great sense of fun too.

6 Likes

Obituary: Olivia Newton-John Obituary: Olivia Newton-John - BBC News

4 Likes

She was part of my childhood with Grease and Xanadu. The latter was a critical flop but it captured this kid’s imagination. I thought Magic from the soundtrack was a pretty good song. RIP.

3 Likes

Max Born, an eminent Quantum Physicist, was her grandfather. So sad that breast cancer got her after a long period of being cured. Lovely tribute from John Travolta.

Phil

4 Likes

Totally agree! Despite technology has evolved much over time. One can take the greatest pic with the oldest, simplest of cameras. Never will I be able to do this one again… She was stunningly beautiful because of her radiant smile and warmth. :face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes

RIP Olivia.
Many fond memories …

3 Likes

More than anything else, she was likable.

3 Likes

i saw her in Bournemouth when she was 27. stunning.

Extremely sad news, RIP

1 Like

Very sad news indeed. Farewell Sandy.

3 Likes

She really gave the impression of being a nice person. From a musical point of view I like to remember Xanadu with ELO…
RIP

1 Like

Farewell ONJ. Xmas day afternoon and Grease is compulsory in this house.

1 Like