RIP Olivia Newton-John

From similar comments on various forums and on TV earlier, I’m beginning to think that I must be the last person in the western world never to have watched it.
Should probably fix that, although it will probably be a more difficult watch knowing Olivia is no longer with us.

1 Like

Yes, very sad news.

I also had a crush on her when younger.

3 Likes

I liked her music.
I’m at an age, where at the time I could discern no difference to her and anyone else contributing to top of the pops.

2 Likes

Early on she did excellent covers of Dylan’s “If not for you” and George Harrison’s “What is Life”. Both were very similar to Harrison’s own arrangements of both songs. I think those were my first memories. And, yes I had a poster.

3 Likes

I’m devastated by the news of her death, I have loved her since seeing her in the early '70s as a guest on the Cliff Richard TV show, but at least she is not suffering any more. I had the pleasure of meeting her twice, once at a book signing in London and then after an acoustic concert she gave, along with her friends Amie Sky and Beth Neilsen-Chapman. On both occasions, Olivia was gracious, very friendly and not at all super-star’ish. She had a wonderful voice and was a beautiful person, inside and out. RIP Olivia

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.