Roksan 20 vs vertere mg2

Ciao Bluesfan, now I’ve an lp12 with rega rb900 and I decided to move to something better and more stable in terms o setup.
xerses 20 with the wand tonearm could be the target and probably the mg1 is a better target but more expensive. the dg1 could be perfect if not to far from the others. I auditioned the new rega planar 10 but low end is not convincing me

That’s where I am right now. I have a Xerxes X with a Vertere Motor Control. In my view, this is the most musical source I’ve had. The plan in time is to replace my Tabrizi with the SG-1 tone arm and then change to a Vertere turntable. Having said that, I’d be happy to keep it as-is for some considerable time if funds don’t allow me to move on. Cheers

1 Like

I use this cartridge. It’s wonderful!!!

Ah, I went from LP12 with Ittok to LP12 with Naim Aro (lovely!) to Xerxes 20+ with upgrade plinth & Tabriz zi to Xerxes 20+ with Artemiz 2 (also lovely) to Vertere MG-1 with SG-1.

A Xerxes 20+ with Vertere motor controller and Vertere SG-1 tonearm would be really rather special.

Best wishes with the auditions, BF

I asked Touraj what he thought about an SG1 tonearm in my TMS, his view was upgrade the turntable first, of course there is a big price hike from the basic cable arm to the deck.

Ciao OpenD may i ask you what turntabla and arm do you have?
Hsd006 is beautifull i dont know if there is a big gap with jsd5 and 6

I upgraded my Xerxes 20+ with the Vertere SG PSU. A very considerable upgrade. Having heard the both the MG and SG turntables I would really like to own one but the problem would be that they are wider than the Xerxes and would overlap the Fraim shelf.

Regards,

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay yes. I have my MG1 on a quadraspire large wall bracket. The footprint is quite big.

1 Like

Have to say, I love the MG-1/SG-1 Aesthetic. Especially in black…

7 Likes

Kuzma 4 point 11 with Cardas Clear. I have heard the other 2 that you mention and they are very good.

Personally, I prefer Aluminum cantilevers even though everyone praises Boron. I find that Aluminum is more musical sounding and Boron are more HiFi sounding if that makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.