Roland-Garros

What a superb win for Djokovic over Nadal tonight - only Nadal’s 3rd defeat there on clay.

Stunning matchplay.

3 Likes

Rolex and Oppo were the most prominent advertisers - how about Focal/Naim in future years? :smiley: :wink:

1 Like

What a match that was last night.

1 Like

Agreed. It was a stunning match. I think the third set was as good as anything that I have ever seen on a tennis court!

3 Likes

A great match. That 3rd set was one for the ages. No doubt Nadal will bounce back, but it must have been very disheartening for him.

1 Like

I just wonder about Nadal. I’ve loved watching him over the last 17 years, but will he be able to sustain that level of physicality?

Yes, he has always been the energiser bunny. He may still have a Rolland Garros title in him yet with a good draw. But his battery is wearing down and he is very injury prone. Our family have been Nadal fans from the beginning. The one and only time we saw him play at the Australian Open,he lost to Tsonga in 2008. Djokovic won his first slam at that tournament.

I’d rather see money spent on development myself. Surely it would be millions to advertise at a major sports event? Anyway looking forward to the final.

I think this whole generation have been amazing. I was wondering if Rafa might skip the grass season, his record at Wimbledon in recent years is less than it might have been. Come Sept quite possible Novak will be on 21 slams. Looking forward to later, really like Tsitsipas.

Despite being 5 sets the final didn’t really ignite like the semi but well done Novak, a truly fantastic player.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.