Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed

It’s rather unfashionable, but “it’s only rock and roll”
Is actually very good, in my view, their last truly great album. Actually, I remember buying it when first released and living the title track

3 Likes

Exile on Main Street

Love You Live!

(The Deluxe CD edition of Some Girls with Bonus CD of outtakes, is worth it for Do You Think I Really Care alone).

But find your groove with the first two first.

1 Like

51Z-m75zaeL.AC

Black and Blue.

Maybe not as well known as some already mentioned, but this is a great album, well recorded, and The Stones, under Keef’s influence, turn out a sensational reggae choon with “Cherry Oh Baby”

Belter!

7 Likes

Might I ask where you are ordering them from?I Ebay?

1 Like

Agree, Dave. That’s a terrific album and Memory Motel is one of my fav Stones songs.

1 Like

Sticky Fingers is a must !

1 Like

Yep and if only for Mick Taylor’s solo on Can’t You Hear Me Knocking.

2 Likes

Sticky fingers for sure. Can’t you hear me knocking is a real trip.
As a newbie with a fresh perspective I’d be interested to know which tracks on Let it Bleed strike you now as the standouts?

1 Like

Love the whole album. Great songs with not a single bad track and some of the Stones mightiest classics. I have a soft spot for Midnight Rumbler though.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Discogs.

And so far it’s been a good experience. Realistic descriptions regarding quality and packaging. Good for hunting down a price you are willing to pay.

I need to listen again so I don’t list the wrong tracks. I’ll make notes.

Definitely a good few stand out to me immediately.

I can’t believe the quality of the recording (let it bleed). Guitars are raw and full of flavour if I can say. Drums stand out but the “tone” of different instruments is just so realistic.

The music is great though. Quite bluesy which I love.

I’m literally going to listen to their back catalogue over the next few months over and over again. Like preparing for an exam! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks
I have bought some nice Vinyl via discogs

One thing I can say, I’ve been walking around for the last few days saying to everyone I know “you can’t always get what you want” with Micks swagger (as best as I can) :rofl:

1 Like

@KJC , just finished listening again. So, this is what I think:

Love in vain, I really like the guitars and mandolin.

Live with me, that bass intro is just awesome and general guitar playing.

Midnight Rambler, the second half of this track is fantastic.

You got the silver, just love Keith Richards vocals and guitar on this track. I really like this one.

Monkey man, just love the intro on this.

You can’t always…, how can you not like this track. So many elements to it but just a great song.

It’s really tough to choose the best track for me because I think it’s a fantastic album and my Stones first. I pretty much have all the ABKCO SACD’s on order however, I think “let it bleed“ will always occupy a warm place in my heart.

IIRC, Keef played bass on that one.

:+1:

Good album but not a very good recording.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.