Roon and Naim Nova the Lost Connection

It could easily be the PC if both Roon and AudiVana have issues. If you have no issues with the Naim app thats where I would be looking.

Simply put WIFI is not a good way to do this.

As all your kit is in the same room, get a cheap switch and plug them all in via ethernet. You can try this experiment for Ā£20. I am willing to bet it will all work. If it works I can only surmise using a little imagination you could hide the ethernet wires and switch and have yourself a good time.

Longer term, dont use the iMac to serve.

1 Like

Oddly Roon updated yesterday and it had lost connection to the Novaā€™s RAAT by the evening. A restart and it found it again. Normally itā€™s a pretty solid connection.

1 Like

Donā€™t suppose you have a microwave nearby? Ours is close and kills playback when in use.

1 Like

I bought the Nova also for itā€™s Wirless ability. The Nova is placed in a dedicated place of the library at 1.5m from the ground and getting a cable floating in the air is not an option.

Ps. Why itā€™s not a good idea to get an IMac as a core ?

I asked my internet provider to get the box changed with last generation one, Iā€™ll see if it changes anything.

Well for the sake of a few pounds you can at least establish if the issue is to do with the wifi.

I use a MacBook Pro as Roon Core, and Iā€™m often too lazy to bother connecting a network cable. It runs Roon just fine over WiFi. Plenty of other users run it on various Macs, I donā€™t honestly think itā€™s a problem.

1 Like

Well perhaps not but really for best results use a server thats a server, an iMac kind of lends itself to doing lots of other stuff at the same time.

But never the less my suggestion sticks. put a cheap switch in place and hard wire everything, might not even need the switch if the router has enough holes. Its a quick and easy way to discount if wifi is the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.