Roon Endpoint (transport only) – Cost No Object – options?

As said above, I would be interested in a plain Roon End Point, transport only (not a storage server). Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

Is maybe the Auralic ARIES G2.1 Streaming Transporter that kind of product you are looking for?
Seems to be a very powerful streaming endpoint. (You can configure it with storage as an option, but it is no must and not standard.)

1 Like

You can specify it without storage…

No, not at all :slight_smile:

Goal : a quality, low noise, Roon Endpoint, like the ones below.

• dCS Network Bridge
  • Sonore Signature Rendu Optical SE
  • Lumin U1

Okay. Sorry. :slight_smile:

Hi Thomas,
I’m missing what you want to achieve. You already have an ND555 which is a Roon endpoint and a great DAC which you seem to be very happy with overall.
Mind explaining?

The ND555 is indeed a wonderful streamer/DAC, and Roon Endpoint.

Just considering options :wink:

Yes I have wondered about that. I have the UltraRendu (non-optical) powered with a Uptone UltraCap LPS 1, with dual face plate to make a single box looking solution.

I believe the Sonore guys went a bit to far with the Sonore Signature Rendu Optical SE ($4500).

The case is, in my opinion, ugly.
The face plate is glossy black, the rest half black brushed aluminium.

Sonore opticalRendu + JCAT Optimo 3 duo = $2790

Not sure the Sonore power supply outperforms the JCAT…

There is the Pink Faun 2.16x streamer, not sure whether it meets the storage criteria but like others, can be obtained without storage.

No it doesn’t the criteria :sweat_smile:

As long as it can host a drive, so as long as it host a server software like Roon Core, Minim, etc… it won’t be silent. It’ll be noisy.

There are certain servers that can be directly connected to a DAC with minimal impact, but they are pricey and useless to me (like the Aurender flagship W20SE)

Stack Audio Link II
Aurilac Aries G1 or G2
Lumin U1 or U1 Mini
All the Sonore range.
Metrum Amber
Meridian 210

1 Like

Best place to find out is the Roon Ready matrix on their website lists pretty much all of the devices supported.

Stack Audio Link II —> Interesting wouldn’t put it on my top list
Aurilac Aries G1 or G2 —> Doesn’t meet the needs
Lumin U1 or U1 Mini —> already on the list
All the Sonore range. —> already on the list (the Signature Rendu SE or opticalRendu)
Meridian 210 —> Interesting wouldn’t put it on my top list

Thanks I’ll check that

Why does the G2 and G1 not meet, you can get them as pure streamers without any DAC.

I had an Auralic Aries and now a raspberry pi 4. Don’t think I noticed any degradation in sound quality since the “downgrade”.

1 Like

The Auralic is certainly a nice streamer.
It is designed to harbour storage and work as server.
Storage or not, I believe it won’t be quite as “silent” as the Lumin U1 or dCS Network Bridge.

And, as said above, the goal is partner a transport only with a +50K DAC.

So in terms of “silent” transports, acting as Roon Endpoints, the candidates remain:

• dCS Network Bridge
  • Sonore Signature Rendu Optical SE
  • or Sonore Optical Rendu + JCAT Optimo 3
  • Lumin U1

What about Aurender N30, you don‘t need to use the internal storage capabilities?

As the thread title states, it has to be a Roon Endpoint :slight_smile: