Roon - renew or cancel?

48 hours to decide.

I’ve used Audirvana far more recently - no subscription there.

If I could still access my Qobuz Purchased list I wouldn’t hesitate. I was really disappointed by that change.

Love it still. My library, Tidal and Qobuz to any of my audio devices in the house with multiple control options too. Brilliant.

If you’re finding you’re not using it then you know the answer…

2 Likes

As for me, beyond the very good UX and streaming service integrations, the DSP functionality is currently indispensable. I hate to throw money at, but I will be renewing because it affords many benefits for my particular use case.
Brgds.

2 Likes

I’ll be renewing just makes things so easy, I gave up Tidal kept Qobuz and will keep Roon.

1 Like

Definitely not a good time to consider ‘lifetime’ subscription though :laughing:

3 Likes

I bought a lifetime when it was $500. Even though I have many issues with the software, the one I will never have is whether I need to ask myself this question.

4 Likes

Will you use it?? Given that you’ve experienced it, that’s really the only issue right? If you’ll use it, it seems reasonably priced. But like the $25.00/month gym membership, if you don’t go it’s not cheap.

1 Like

Yes, it’s good, I’ve subscribed for several years, maybe just cutting back generally, but in the grand scheme of things not that expensive so will probably support it.

I was in 2 minds for months and had a couple of trials. In the end ‘er indoors got fed up with me being undecided and bought me a lifetime sub.
I have been using it ever since and no longer use anything else.
Previously I was using Pure Music and Amarra.
YMMV but if you’re asking questions then it must be doing something you like.

1 Like

It’s really only because I’ve had the renewal notice email and realised I’ve not used it much in past few months since Qobuz Naim app integration and increased Audirvana usage. Roon is considerably more stable over time than Audirvana I’d have to say, but for the price the latter is great value.

1 Like

Cancel

I’m also very happy with Roon

I had the chance to get it for $499 after the price rise — and I am glad I did use this opportunity. It’s great software… But if you don’t use it frequently, it’s time to good-bye… But if you miss it you can return. Easy peasy lemon squeezy…

1 Like

Don’t sweat AC, you give me the impression that you’re unsure about your finances during these uncertain times. Should you cancel you can always return when the situation becomes clearer.

1 Like

My Roon subscription renews in two days. I’m in!

I did cancel TIDAL and I’m sticking with Qobuz.

4 Likes

No brainer — Qobuz rocks! :star_struck:

3 Likes

To me Roon offered nothing of benefit to justify its significant cost - and in particular it didn’t help with my metadata problems. So I abandoned after trial (actually twice - the first tine I had positive dislike of it, but the active dislikes were resolved by time of second trial).

But it may be significant that I don’t stream online other than Spotify to try out new things - and if I did, my library/renderer software, Audirvana, integrates both Qobuz and Tidal, including MQA first unfold for Tidal for anyone tempted by that.

1 Like

I havent tried either yet…not sure it’s a way I’d listen to music. But there are always free trials.

1 Like

Have a go with one of these free trial — you might be surprised and like it a lot. :smiley:

1 Like

I have discovered so much great music using Roon with Qobuz. It’s now central to my digital source. I’ve never even used my NDX2 for anything but as a Roon endpoint.

6 Likes