Roon stopping and now not working with Big Sur

I’ll try it now and let you know.
I hadn’t realised that we need to use this special upgrade sequence.

Best regards, BF

Following the instructions that you posted above, it took about 30 mins to fully install Sonicorbiter software v 2.8 on the Prestige server. Went in at first attempt.

OpticalRendu needs a new SD card, which Martin is sending me

1 Like

Have checked in Audio settings in Roon to see if they are showing up but not active. If the DHCP address of the mac changed due to the update it might throw it off.

Well that’s very strange. Just relaunched squeeze2upnp on the MacMini running Big Sur and the ‘Qutes are Roon active. I’m not sure what I did but it seems that Squeezelite needed to be reinstalled and activated.

@Camphuw, @Bluesfan…I just tried to update to v2.8. It all seemed to be going well until the final reboot, and now it has disappeared from my network and I can see an occasionally blinking orange light where it is plugged into my switch. Any suggestions?

I find a quick email to Martin Smith at Audiostore works wonders. He genuinely likes to help his loyal customers.

1 Like

Interesting … I thought my upgrade was stuck, but it was my backup that took time. I powered down and started again. But I would give Martin a call / email.

Came across this thread by accident but glad I did.

I wasn’t aware Nova Sonicorbiter software was now at v2.8.

I’ve now updated my Audiostore MicroRoon server.

Many thanks

Dave

1 Like

Apologies for piggybacking … but thought this was not worth a new thread.

Yesterday, one of my ‘Qutes misbehaved: a lot of hissing drowning out the music. It was been fed from Roon. This coincided with my Macmini emitting a continuous noise, as if it’s HDD was playing up. The ‘Qute would be fine with the Naim app, but via Roon it was unlistenable.
I tried all the usual tricks:

1. Rebooted the Audiostore music server, checked software up to date.
  2. Fed the music to other endpoints - all good.
  3. Installed new version of LMS to UPnP on the Macmini, rebooted - still a problem on the ‘Qute.
  4. Finally, turned off the ‘Qutes … waited a few minutes. Turned them on, and normal service resumed.

Lesson: try a reboot of the ‘Qute first!

Oh yes there is a more recent update for Sonicorbiter and other stuff on the Vortexbox / Audiostore server.

3 Likes

Looking at this with some trepidation, but I’m going to give the 2.8 upgrade next week.

Keith

1 Like

Thanks for this useful thread :blush::+1:

Looks like I need to:
1 - Do a backup
2 - Press the 2.8 update button in the browser page of the Sonicorbiter
3 - wait up to an hour
4 - open a browser page and key in some stuff
5 - wait
6 - repeat 4 and 5

Then hope it all comes back up and I don’t need to reinstall anything on my Microroon.

What could possibly go wrong?!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.