Roon summer update

Had them for two days in a row, and now missing. They really need to beta test this stuff with a wider range of users.

Well, at least it does seem as if my New Releases for you has finally updated after being the same seemingly forever. Perhaps Roon can only do one thing at a time, lol.

1 Like

It’s a major bug if the playlist is all the same artist, it not about pleasing me. It’s not really fullfilling it’s remit currently. They have acknowledged this with me

1 Like

NRFY is a joke. It would be a much used feature if it updated on release day morning , but no it does it days to weeks later. Totally useless. I bet they don’t fix my issue either l, Valence seems to have the I removed from AI.

Apologies if it came across that I was insinuating this, my playlists haven’t had anything like all songs by one artist although I have had one based on an artist that didn’t show up then again I don’t have huge difficulty with that.

.sjb

1 Like

I have had those to. It’s a bug again as its the seed artist so should be present at least once.

Fair enough — but not really a disaster if a feature like Daily Mixes has a somewhat bumpy. FWIW, I seems to work fine here — touch wood 🪵. Probably it’s gone tomorrow morning. :rofl:

I see “Your Daily Mixes” but only on my Roon Core and iPad. I don’t see it on my “Roon remote office machine” (another Mac). They seem to only show up on the device last used to play music, in my case I see it on my iPad and Core.

That’s an interesting find. May be worth adding that to the thread over there to help them sort it. It’s gone again for me this morning. But I have only used my phone for control.

1 Like

Well, it’s been a few days now and I’m yet to see a daily play list……. But I got an email announcing this great new feature :flushed::roll_eyes:

I don’t subscribe to Tidal nor Qobuz, but I would like a daily mix option as a subset of the discovery screen. I suppose Roon Radio is a bit like a mix, but it would be good to have a mixture of genres.

It’s back for me this morning.

Did you try the instructions from the thread on the Roon forum?

1 Like

You need to tell this to the Roon people on the Roon forum. At this time, daily mixes are only for Tidal and Qobuz

1 Like

No, I haven’t been following that. I’m a bit tied up enjoying the 252/250 coming on song, and a few beers - it’s Friday night :sunglasses:

1 Like

IIRC, they are asking to let Roon play music for several hours. If this does not make the mixes appear, post a note in the thread and add the local time when you tried, plus location.
I think there are some additional things, best to look in the moderator post at the start of the thread over there

Turns out I had the thread open in another tab on the phone. So this is what they are saying:

Hi all, for those of you who don’t see Daily Mixes, you’ll want to first verify that you’re updated to Build 806 and connected to TIDAL or Qobuz. A handful of folks hadn’t ticked both of those boxes yet and were able to quickly resolve this.

If you’re updated to Build 806 and connected to a streaming service, you might be affected by an issue we’re aware of and collecting more data on. If you’re affected and would like to help out, let’s have you do the following:

On the profile with no Daily Mixes, take the rest of today to play some music. Keep playback going for as long as you can.
Check back in tomorrow and let us know if you still don’t see Daily Mixes.

For those of you who don’t mind digging a bit deeper, there’s even more you can do to help:

First, write down the local time and date so we know when you tried these steps.
Refresh the Home page by visiting a few other screens in Roon, then navigate back to Home using the navigation menu (not the back button).
If that works, great! If not, reboot your Roon Core and check again.
If you still don’t see Daily Mixes, send us your timestamp from step #1

Let’s start with that and I’ll be sure to follow up with another update tomorrow. Thanks a bunch for the continued patience, we can’t wait for you to try out Daily Mixes!

1 Like

Sounds like they haven’t accounted for international time zones?

Dunno. I am in Germany and don’t see mixes at 8am (every day so far), but they appeared later in the day. So possibly a time zone issue. If you post in the thread, make sure to post the time and your time zone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s something I had not realised, as told to me by Danny on the Roon community pages:
danny
Danny DulaiRoon Labs: COO

2h

If you only have a local library you aren’t getting Roon Radio. It’s our older non-Valence powered “keep the music going” algorithm, which is really poor compared to Roon Radio.

Danny goes on to say:
It works for local+streaming users, but not local-only, because the algorithms require machine learning models that use more music and plays than you have in a user-centric library.

If they were trimmed to use only your limited local library, they would fail to give any reasonable results. The old algorithm is good for local libraries, but it’s pretty bad for discovery of new material.

Daily mixes are driven towards discovery, not just shuffling – no matter how smart that shuffle is.

1 Like

None of that has worked today. Still no mixes for me. :frowning:

1 Like