Roon - Superuniti

Hi
I have a Superuniti, power line and ovator 400’s.
Is this Roon supported and if not can somebody point me in the right direction of what to do next.

cheers

Tony

Hi Tony, the Superuniti does not have native Roon support, but there are a few ways of adding it. There us a way to do it without additional hardware using LMS. Or you can buy a Sonore UPnP bridge. Another option is an Innuos Zen Mini, although you would probably not want to spend that much unless you could make good use of its other features.

Definitely a good solution to adding Roon to an older Naim product.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
Is this item available in the UK or only USA?
Does the whole lot need a lot of setting up or is it ‘childs play’?

cheers

Tony

It’s rather easy to set up. I suspect you can purchase it in the UK but I’ve not tried, as I live in the States. Google would be your friend here.

I got in contact with Martin at Audiostore. He advised me; in the end I migrated my music library from a NAS to a dedicated music server that has Sonore built in, it can also rip CDs for when my laptop gives up the ghost.
Martin is very helpful, knowledgeable, and free with his advice. He was more helpful than my dealer. Audiostore has solutions at various price points, and I am very happy with the resultant sound quality with my legacy Naim gear.

Thanks.
Do you mind me asking what solution was recommended?

cheers

Tony

I went for the Prestige 3 after considering the Mite, and MicroRoon.
I had already listened to Moon, Innuous and Zen devices and was not won over; I was tempted to build my own server, but in the end I did not want to tinker.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.