Router and Sound Quality

try to find one that was factory reset and produced after 2012.
Or you can even find white new and unboxed models for around 100/ 150 GBP.
Some old ones can sound a bit bright, overtired. It’s was the case for me. My new one is better sounding. got it for 120 euros new.

1 Like

Yes, that one looks fine to me. Ask the seller to ensure that it has been reset to factory defaults, then it’s just plug & play.

Thanks Chris & frenchrooster.

Yes, on any managed switch, always ensure it’s config is reset by the seller. Very easy to do if you have the passwords, a little more involved if you don’t.
Most managed switches, including the Catalyst 2960 will act as a regular unmanaged switch with it’s default config when it’s configuration is reset, and then the switch will be plug and play.

Subscriptions are a bit of a mess. If you add upp Roon, Qobuz and Apple Music for ten years you have fully paid NDX2. With no residual value and if you stop paying the music stops.

But of course it is just how we prefer to access, find and listen to music. Personally I dont like the computer algorithms thats just lock you into whatever niche you are already listening to. They also are really bad listeners so they tend to judge only by popularity.

I still like old fashioned discovery by certtain radio shows and using the ipad to read magazines like Gramophone, The Wire, Downbeat.

Before Apple took over Beats Music they had really knowledgable people curating various playlists. I still miss the old Beats Music just for that purpose.

So as an old-fashioned music collector I prefer a simple UPnP server where I curate my own album collection and metadata.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.