RU Champions Cup Final

What a brilliant match! Still 30 minutes to go, and it could go either way. Exeter Chiefs in the lead and playing well, but can’t shake off Racing 92. I’ve a feeling this will go to the wire. Come on you Chiefs!

1 Like

Phew! Well done Exeter, brilliant match but I’m a bit short on nails now!
No other RU fans on line?

1 Like

Oh dear - the absence of grace amongst the Racing 92 players as they collect their losers (oops, sorry, runners up) medals is not pleasant to watch. There’s no doubt that we English know how to both win and lose, with dignity.

Congrats timmo. As a lifetime Saracens supporter (I was at school in Southgate) you don’t know how much it hurts me to say that😁.

2 Likes

Considering they’ve only been in the Premier league for 10 years, the Chiefs have done pretty well! Hopefully they’ll double the trophy count next week when they swat Wasps!

1 Like

Was a great game but a somewhat bizarre finish.

1 Like

Really struggle to watch Exeter. Their style mirrors their coach - effective but a charisma vacuum.
If all teams played like that the game would die…

1 Like

I’m sure Rob Baxter will be devastated! Seriously, what game were you watching this afternoon? Do you hold the same low opinion of the England national team? Perhaps you just don’t like winners.

2 Likes

I have to say I thought it was a great game too. Exeter forwards showed periods of dominance and Racing back line always threatened. The issue with the clock at the end was a bit farcical but on balance the right result. A really enjoyable spectacle.

2 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyed that. But no nails left!

I thought it was a fine game. Not sure Exeter are boring, at times in attack I wanted them to kick not throw it around!

Incidentally the RL final was also a cracking game.

Bruce

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.