Rugby World Cup

Don’t know I have a few Irish mates I’ll check.

It’s was such a fantastic and close game and so evenly matched. I’m just glad that for once we where on the winning side.

3 Likes

True but a penalty right on full time is a hard way to lose a game :scream:

1 Like

Don’t begrudge us that once in a lifetime :joy:
I was at the final in Paris so kind of know how it feels. Though that match wasn’t even close.

1 Like

Apparently they do and according to a mate with great gusto. :grin:

In the run up to the RWC, my paper today has noted the upset of Japan beating South Africa in the 2015 competition. It reminded me of Wales being beaten by Western Samoa in 1991. “We lost to Western Samoa,” a quip began, “imagine what might have happened if we’d played all of Samoa."

2 Likes

Great to hear the Russian anthem - I always find it emotional. Shame about the team singing!

1 Like

Go Japan :jp:

1 Like

I hope the home team do well here as the tournament begins.

Glad to see the best referee in the world in charge of the first game.

2 Likes

Looking forward to today’s games, first off Aus v Fiji followed by France v Argentina and tonight’s blockbuster NZ v South Africa.

I of course will be keenly watching the Wallabies, they’re a bit of a mix bag at present but they always seem to come together at a WC.

1 Like

Great start by Fiji.
What a shame the organisers did not see fit to provide solo singers for the anthems.

1 Like

Footballers make lousy singers. Fiji definitely off to a flyer.

1 Like

Glad that’s over, great effort by Fiji. Wallabies played much better in the second half and will need the 8 days rest before playing Wales.

1 Like

Cracking games so far …
Catching up now whilst the cricket is on the laptop.

2 Likes

Another moving anthem: Italy

1 Like

Ireland far too good for Scotland to cope with, and the Dark Blues were either miss-handling the ball or kicking it back too often.

1 Like

Yes, it wasn’t pretty. Lots of injuries.

Disappointing, the weather was no excuse. Both teams did not look match ready, and the old hands seem to have fitness issues (apart from Best).

Off to watch Tonga v England, need to support our South Pacific neighbours :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

England scrappy. I thought the whole game lacked intensity even at the start; more like a warm up. With USA next I hope they can step up for the tougher matches that finish the group.

Certainly not a performance to impress any of the Southern Hemisphere sides but I guess they had greater challenges in their first matches. NZ put 90 points past Tonga a couple of weeks ago mind.

All early days