Rugby

Didn’t see it and by that time I’d lost interest in sport.

1 Like

Yes I agree he refed it really well - rather than dishing out heaps of yellow cards everywhere he just gave the players a good talking to

In contrast ( haven’t watched highlights yet) the Boks and Pumas match was pretty bad evidently- lots of yellow cards and heaps of penalties

To my eyes, there does appear a correlation between the size of the units (players!) on the park and the level of ill-discipline and penalties given, often due to poor tacking technique. It seems some of the bigger units are there because of their mass rather than their rugby-playing skills.

I’m not a fan of how RU has evolved, with the orientation towards power & size (almost a focus on).

1 Like

Thats one of the reason why I don’t like RL, when I was young there was a big difference between a burly prop and a little cheeky half back. I enjoyed watching a smaller player tackle the bigger forwards usually from behind by the legs. These days all the players seem to be the same size and the tackles are nearly always grapple type tackles that are meant to slow play down or worse chicken wing type that real purpose is to injure the appointments arms. Scrums are a joke, I’d hate to see rugby end up like that.

4 Likes

New life in the Gloucester side - must be because of being sponsored by that well known wine warehouse.

Interesting Northern Hemisphere tours coming up for the Wallabies and All Blacks

Wallabies play Scotland, France, Italy, Ireland and Wales

All Blacks play Wales, Scotland, England and Japan. I think they’re also playing Canada.

That’ll be a good indication on how teams are setting up for a WC the following year. Think Australia will struggle against most teams based on current form. The All Blacks may not have it all their own way but they’re in much better shape after a few scares earlier this season.

2 Likes

I been watching the ABs test try highlights for the years 2016-2020 over the last few nights

Current team has a long way to go to match those years sides that’s for sure . The pace of the game then was immense

Now it’s just a collision game which is not good

1 Like

God you must be bored. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Great stuff Pete you should have a look ha :+1:

1 Like

No I’m not into self harm :rofl:

1 Like

The impression I have from the recent Southern Hemisphere rugby tournament as that all the teams are capable of beating each other on the day. Witness Argentine wins over NZ, Australia beating South Africa, New Zealand beating South Africa at home and Australia cruelly denied a victory over NZ at the death. So overall I think the teams are evenly matched. It depends on their mindset on the day. Roll out the northern hemisphere tours. That will be very interesting!

2 Likes

Yes we’ve got some late nights/early mornings coming up.

1 Like

Looking at the Northern games the wallabies have got it tough with both Ireland and France. If they could win one of those it would be great for them

Not sure ABs will get up against England

We just need some discipline, can’t your Kiwi coach at least get that across to the players, or is he a spy working for you guys.

He’s too soft maybe , I can’t believe they got a yellow card and deservedly so in the first 3 minutes and they had the ball on attack

How dumb is that

It is dumb but a few of the yellow cards have seemed a bit harsh, one last week in particular. I’m trying not to look at them through an Aussies eye but we seemed to got the refs offside, and this goes all the way back to George Gregan.

Ha ha bloody hell what a memory

Well something not quite right yellow cards come floating through to the Aussies from all refs which is a bit weird I agree

My brother and I were at a great Aussie friend and his wife’s place to watch game and dinner. We all agreed that ABs should have had a yellow at one incident but didn’t happen

My dear mother use to say “ those Aussie boys are all mouth and trousers” (maybe the refs think the same :crazy_face:)

God rest her soul :heart:

Funny my mum thinks you Kiwi’s have a bit of a chip on your shoulders, but she’s 96 and still thinks you stole the pavlova. :rofl::rofl:

Well tell her she’s dreamin :grin:

What a great movie.