Rugby

Don’t the Australians usually win when they have Kiwi’s playing for them?

Sure do :+1: stop it Mike - Pete is about to get really upset !but unfortunately not many in the current team !!

No we have large shoulders and use to this kind of crap, however answer me this why do so many Kiwis live in Australia.

You blokes have got big brother syndrome, I’m sympathetic and don’t hold it against you.

As an ex PM quipped, the average IQ of both countries increases when Kiwis cross the ditch :joy::joy::joy:

An oldie but a good Mike but I’m not going there

@Pete_the_painter pretty simple mate - more job opportunities and bigger pay packet here and the weather is better - or was

At least it was when I arrived 40 years ago

1 Like

Still is. If I was single, I’d be giving it a go.

Think that’s about the 10th time you’ve used that line from a man that let’s face it, wasn’t that nice.

1 Like

Anyway I’m supporting England because they’re coach be an Aussie and it’d be good for rugby.

But you don’t like Eddie or at least don’t want him back to coach Wallabies ???

I’m hoping either Ireland or France win RWC because they never have

Since 2003 it’s been either the Springboks or All Blacks

So after 20 years time for new blood

Look I’m not a fan of Eddie but he is an Aussie and if they win there’s less chance of him coming home. Plus I always support the underdog (well nearly).

You’re a cruel man to loveable Eddie :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He just causes chaos, he can’t help it.

I know - what drives him is he had never won a RWC - that must be eating away at him for sure

Having said that , English rugby is in a better space now - it was in a bad way before he got on board

Said that early no matter much Eddie annoys both the English and the Aussies, English rugby has benefited from having him coach. But I also think he’s out stayed his welcome.

Probably

Moving on from Eddie. Did anyone see the France v SA game? Watched it the other night and can highly recommend. Full on intense test match rugby. France looking awesome at the moment. But the SA red card was a shocker.

No I haven’t seen it, but there’s been a lot of red cards and stupid decisions this year. Think some of the refs are either confused about the rule changes (like most of us) or think they’re more important than the game.

I should have clarified. The actions of the SA forward fully deserved a red card. It was his behaviour I was referring to as shocking. Referee got it right IMO.

Ah, that’s the problem with responding to something you haven’t seen. I’ll watch a mini match tomorrow.

It was a double-red for me – prone & seemingly trapped player, charged at from a distance with head & shoulder down. Arguably, worse than a punch. I need to check and see what ban has been given to PSDT. As I posted ~#508, I thought Dupont’s red was a tad unlucky, in that a player leaping like a salmon is asking for problems but, there again, it appears Dupont lost the ball in the air.

Above said, I think the laws around the breakdown and the ball in the air are an ass. At breakdowns, a player crouching on all 4s isn’t (to my mind) ‘on their feet’, noting if an opposing player attempts to jackal like that they get pinged. World Rugby state player safety is their #1 priority, yet they enable via the laws, players to compete in the air akin to the NFL. We’ve seen it too many times where players run at distance to catch a ball and a nasty incident occurs.