Rugby

Italy much better than the scoreboard suggests

Georgia need to be given the chance to okay for a 6N place.

EJ’s England very flattered by that result. If I thought he might be sacked I would be more vociferous but in reality we are stuck with until we are beaten in QF. They will use that comeback as a strong motivation goibg forward though I think they will be flattened by Bokke next week

1 Like

I agree. The comeback just papers over the cracks.

Damn, well done Aussies close but no cigar.

Congratulations Ireland.

1 Like

Coach Foster said after that game he wanted to have 2 post match conferences

One for the first 70 minutes and the other for the last 10 minutes ha

2 Likes

Wallabies will take heart from that slight loss ( in the end a loss unfortunately ) , heaps of injuries

Wales will be completely deflated after that loss

I think Wallabies will beat Wales and will end the season on a better note.

ABs won’t be happy but that’s the way sport goes

Any team can win the RWC - it’s certainly up for grabs that’s for sure

Yup. We’re all still a bit shell shocked here. I’m pleased where nz is at though, as we were looking pretty average earlier in our season. Roll on 2023!

Think they played well one try each, they really need to work on their discipline.

Considering all the injuries think we may be on our way up. We’ve had close losses to France, NZ and now Ireland.

1 Like

Arm bands out, Max Boyce pens another classic with men crying into their after one dragon defeated another. I, for one, will drowning my sorrows this lunchtime. Wales were abject.

1 Like

Australia really must frustrate their fans. So much talent but poor discipline and a lack of ‘smarts’ seem to stifle them every time. Ireland hardly at their best but somehow I always thought they would win the crucial plays.

Bruce

Injuries and a lack of discipline. A 3 point loss to world #1, a one point loss to Italy and a 1 point loss to world #2 France is extremely frustrating.

Fingers crossed then for the wales match next weekend. Both teams have lots to prove. England face their own watershed moment v SA. Should be a fascinating day.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was our biggest win or the biggest defeat. I’ll also be glad to see the end of this horrific season.

I don’t expect England to beat SA. There were good elements from England yesterday for 15 minutes, the rest was pretty average. If SA turn up (and keep 15 men on the pitch) they will surely be too strong. They seem to be playing a bit more rugby now too.

Bruce

My prediction - South Africa to win RWC

I’ll get off this forum just before the cup starts ha :crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

On home soil…les bleus

1 Like

Would be good if they did as have been up there in world cups but never taken it out

The Boks play RWC style rugby ( always a bit boring ) that’s my thinking on why they may get there again

I guess it’s pretty much open though which is great for the game

Think the final 4 will be SA, France, Ireland and NZ. There’ll be no room for England or Aus, but it’s still a year to go and anything can happen.

You may well be right - but not good for rugby and its development when SA win tournaments
France would be my bet

Ireland seemed to have off the boil somewhat vs early in the year when the took the ABs to the cleaners

I wouldn’t write off the wallabies or England at all

Although the ABs smacked the English pack to shreads until their implosion, it was their bench players that didn’t fire at all which was weird

In Wallabies defence, I have never seen so many injuries in one team in one year ( so many injuries these days in teams) , if they can fix their discipline and field their best players it’s all on for them

It’s pretty exciting really I hope it doesn’t get down to a red card as the deciding factor

I would love see France win it - and that’s coming from a kiwi and big AB fan :crazy_face: