Rugs for music room

If I buy one of those rugs…

• does the sexy girl come too, and

• how much does the package cost?

Presumably, and alternatively, could I just order the sexy girl, and not bother with the rug?

Magic carpet (Qashqui tribal rug Fars southern Persia) unfortunately not vintage perhaps I should weather it on the beach😀

4 Likes

A lot of these rugs look quite thin

I wonder if density has an impact?

Our new rug is about 2” deep and varied in texture. I wonder if that has an effect on the sound.

1 Like

My music room has a oak engineered wood floor so the room was a bit too “live”, so the rug 117x176 has tamed the piano a bit, I would imagine thicker rugs would be better (though you might be able to use an underlay on thinner rugs)as for hifi I would not think floor covering is critical, more important are walls and ceiling imho however I’ve no experience in room treatment. Saying that you do often see oriental rugs in studios, posh music room and some bands use them on stage.

I suppose really it’s a personal choice for decor but thicker ones certainly tame higher frequencies but whatever you choose don’t get a loose fitting one that might cover your ears.
That would be detrimental. :wink: :joy:

1 Like

Sound doesn’t discriminate between whether a surface is horizontal or vertical, above you of below you. If it forms a reflecting surface rather than a diffusing or absorbing one, you will hear the sound repeated, albeit quieter than the original. The more such reflections and the stronger they are the less distinct the sound will be, until the delay between direct and reflected sound is sufficient for your brain to recognise that it is an echo and separate out the bit you want to hear. The shorter the reflection path the shorter the time delay, and what counts being the difference in path distance compared to direct sound. That is what treating early reflection points is about - and don’t forget the ones from behind you. Which is why sitting with back against a hard wall can be particularly bad for sound quality.

Probably create a lot of noise if you trip over it and crash into the coffee table :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Our coffee table is a solid chest so it would probably be the last thing I did

1 Like

Don’t forget to include the Rottweiler bass traps

6 Likes

Nice LP collection

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.