Running in period for new black boxes?

@Magnolia I would look at your cable (Viard HD12 cables) between the streamer and the nac 282. Try the lavender IC. No experience whatsoever with the Viard but what worked well with your previous amplification may not be best suited for your current setup.

The lavender is not the final word in detail and refinement but it has a full bodied smooth sound which from your description could be what you need.

Ok just thought with you saying there was little difference after run in. I’ve gone from olive kit, then classic and now 500 series and the difference between new and burnt in has always been substantial.

My S1 took about 6 months to really shine and if I turn it off even for an hour it takes three weeks to get back to being at its best.

:upside_down_face:

I have the HiLine and/or Lavender between the ND5XS2 and the 282. For the moment, the Lavender is slightly less harsh. The Viard cables are speaker cables. They are used at the two FPBN stores in France on Naim electronics and also by Focal. These cables probably aren’t well known in the English-speaking world. I also have the WH Phantoms at 2x5m and have always found them reliable for SQ. I need to get some more time on the machines before I start swapping things around to compare. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.