Russ Andrews PowerKord Testeroo

I don’t know. I beginning to trust that Naim research things properly and place SQ top.

Phil

When I was at the factory I was told the powerlines were unsheilded. I saw the cable there … it just looked like good quality stout flex cable with quite a thick conductor size.

The PowerLine looks like a normal everyday 3 core copper flex with what appears to be H07RN-F (rubber) insulation

1 Like

The theory is the noise generated by the full wave bridge rectifiers generate allot of noise… this is broadcast back through the mains line…and effects performance. A standard cord just happens to be quite an efficient aerial … so noise gets broadcast… the woven design of the cable happens to be a very poor aerial… Now it does not take much imagination to realise with close cable proximity how that may influence things. Certainly the effects of the cable are very apparent especially to low noise signals…

They are twisted, but just use a pretty standard 3-core copper construction, no fancy braided wires or shielding.

That makes sense…the twisting has an effect…but fairly mild…thanks for clarifying that…

Ok…some more info… dc hum has returned…but it is reduced…sonically everything very good…excellent imagery and detail…bass seems good to…I am hoping the cable will give even more as it beds in. I would describe the overall effect … like a box upgrade.

Ok I am at week 3 omg they are continuing to improve…bass has now improved tighter deeper…faster. I played one of my favourite Van Morrison albums last night…I am very familiar with this particular recording and man the vocal inflections the stereo riffs…are amazing …space and air around recording… I am really impressed… this is just like a dr upgrade…thanks Russ!

2 Likes

They are more expensive than PowerLines for just 1m. Now I know why you only bought 1m. How is the 500 hum? Have you thought about 10mm toughened glass on ceramic balls sitting on brass as per @Xanthe’s thread? I found glass with Naim balls a cups made a big difference.

Phil

Yeah I only needed 1m the powerlines were long and untidy don’t think that helped. I use Atacama Evo SE stack… so I can’t use Xanthe’s balls🤭 these power cables are truly excellent I am gobsmacked at the difference it’s like a dr upgrade👍

Russ claims a reduction a in thd I can believe it … voices are particularly amazing

I had Isotek Platinum 1m but with the 552/500 the Powerlines were better.

Phil

1 Like

Well yeah… the powerlines are good … and the natural no brainier option but if you feel so inclined you can try the Powerkords with a 60 day no quibble returns … highly recommended

1 Like

Still getting better…bass much improved…and detail is really very beautiful…I cannot recommend these evolution 500’s highly enough they are keepers…amazing but pricey…

Anyone considering getting powerlines needs to try these…

1 Like

I have just listened to a flac rip of an old favorit Christopher Cross Sailing…omg this is the best I have ever heard it…its a stunning recording and great production…the ringing strings counter pointed with his voice laid back in a very wide and deep soundstage…sounds so good amazing for such an old recording… I am not a huge fan of Chris…but this track shows how good the Evo Powerkords are… find this track give it a go…its a real surprise…

1 Like

I have just tried the PK500 Evolution and have to report the same findings as @Richieroo across every aspect of the sound. Uplift for me was better than going from Hi-Cap to SuperCap. Significant improvement in bass, detail, much lower noise floor and wider 3D sound stage. No loss of PRT that I can discern. Vocals, in particular are an absolute joy. As Richieroo commented, given the 60 day trial there is nothing to lose by giving them a go.

2 Likes

Thanks for this Crispy it’s nice to have corroboration…mine is getting better and better…especially in the bass.

I have just ordered some more. Theses cables are incredibly good. The hifi sounds better than it ever has. :grinning:

Crispy what are you using your cables on…I was listening at the weekend and the stereo is so expansive … and wide now the cables seem to have improved channel separation some how…

Hi Richieroo, I don’t see testeroo , only powercords and supercords on Russ Andrews site.