Russ Andrews PowerKord Testeroo

Completely agree. They are a way beyond a black box upgrade for me. Every component feels like it is at 100% to just delivering the music.

1 Like

I have two Russ Andrews Superkords and a pre Evolution 500 Powerkord. I agree they all provide easily audible benefits. In my system the Russ Andrews power kords provide more bang for buck than the equivalently priced Chord Company cables.
Chord’s Music is a real game changer, but at a price that makes a black box upgrade a more sensible option, with an added Russ Andrews cable, of course.

Monkey_Jim, Russ Andrews do a cable upgrade on 500s and understand it is well worth sending it back for the upgrade.

1 Like

Yes, thanks Crispy, I might do that.

1 Like

Yep I would defo go for the upgrade…

2 Likes

Update month 2…bass is definitely getting better and better…like another octive better!!!

1 Like

My new cables are nearly 2 weeks old and loving the way they sound. Every aspect continues to improve.

You ain’t heard anything yet… give it 6 weeks or so…omg…

Hi @Richieroo

Am now 6 weeks in and the overall scale is huge. The bass has gone to another level over the last week or so. Have yours levelled out now?

1 Like

Yes I think so … my system now is more dynamic yet more relaxed…with more detail…and a beautiful wide sound stage…superb. … clarity is amazing…

1 Like

Just to add to this … I visited the Naim mothership and listened to their very fine…Statement/ND555…and the NAP500dr…using some familiar tracks of mine. I think my setup compared very well…obviously the Statement was better… but I have to say the Evo 500 powercords really have lifted my system…now…I would like to try the comparison again…

2 Likes

When this chaos is over my dealer is coming round for a listen. I think the system sounds the best it ever has. Would be good to get a second opinion. My better half is good at telling me how it sounds without being asked but fresh ears help a lot.

1 Like

Hi Crispy - how are you getting on with cables?..I can see that I will ultimately need another 555ps … which means …another visit to Mr Andrews…doh

2 Likes

They have run in very nicely. There are certain upgrades which you know are right from the get go and these cables fall into that category. I get used to them and then they surprise me again when I hear music that I have not played since I got them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.