Russell K speakers with Naim amplifiers

Nice - gorgeous. I think RK speakers and Naim have a real synergy thing - its all about timing, insight and dynamics - perhaps what some call PRaT?

My personal criticism is that RK speakers have priced themselves on the higher end of the price distribution which is a shame as many people will be put off listening to these outstanding speakers with their Naim amps

2 Likes

Simon: they are expensive new but preloved is less than a third of the current retail price if you get a good deal. I canā€™t afford new speakers of this quality.

I listen to practically all genres of music, popular styles, jazz and blues, classical, folk, African, Cuban, some country. Not really into rap. And yourself?

Good for youā€¦ I assumed you had found a good deal as you mentioned earlier pre loved. I know Signals had a pair of 150s pre loved a little while back. Its the special edition versions that seems quite dear.
I love my 50s on my SS60 standsā€¦ ridiculous tight sub bass weight in my room (though have treatment absorbers), and dexterity for their size with a stereo field that stretches into your room on some recordingsā€¦ and brings so many recordings aliveā€¦
Listening to some Hed Kandi ( I know donā€™t askā€¦ ) right nowā€¦ and when loud some lesser speakers can sound a messā€¦ not so the RKs with those cones bouncing on the end of my Nait50 fed by the DAVE.

I almost only listen to rock music of all kinds. A bit of blues and a lot of prog from the seventies.