Same DAC chip as ND555 and NDS

I have on more than one occasion. The reality now though is that to survive they can’t do everything in that tiny building behind a retail park in Salisbury. Reduce operational costs, increase margin whilst maintaining the DNA of the brand (PRAT etc) and increasingly marketing the brand as an aspirational lifestyle choice.

1 Like

So you’ve seen their pathological pursuits. I thought it was fascinating.

Big turnover in staff since I last visited. Developing production overseas makes a lot of sense.

I suppose that I care less because I have reached the end of my system’s development. Probably!

1 Like

Yes for sure, really “made the connection” between product and ownership I felt, in particular chatting to the woman who makes most of the Statement amps in a small corner of the factory.
I expect that aspect of Naim as a company will be increasingly squeezed in the future. They’ll maintain a degree of that where it’s needed on the 500 and Statement systems but anything else will just become a “conceived in Salisbury” and “made wherever it’s cost effective” box, with a sprinkling of well placed aspirational messaging here and there and just enough of the signature Naim sound to pacify the doubters.
It’ll look like a Naim product, sound like one, but for sure will be made to numbers on spreadsheets not pursuit of sonic perfection.
If you still want that you can have it, just buy a 500 system or Statement and you can get a bespoke and hand built product.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.