Scanspeak Tweeters for SL2, DBL & NBL may be updated in 2022

Falcon Acoustics just told me “that Scanspeak have just announced that these tweeters [the Scanspeak D2010/851100 for Naim SL2, DBL and NBL] will be discontinued in 2022.”

6 Likes

Also SBL mk2 i think, i bought a couple last year in anticipation. Thanks Jim!

1 Like

Thanks for this JimDog.

A great shame, if so. Perhaps a good time to stock up on a spare pair…

2 Likes

For the price it would be remiss not to buy a pair.

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to have a spare pair standing by for a while. I’ve just ordered some…

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up Jim I will order a pair tomorrow :+1:

Just ordered a couple of pairs, for my DBLs and friends SL2s.

Willy.

Are they used in the ibls too?

Yes, mine are in the post. :slightly_smiling_face:

Perhaps this last minute rush of sales may lead them to think there is a market to continue making them :wink:

1 Like

I believe the IBLs use Scanspeak D2008/851100 tweeters.

Willy.

2 Likes

I will be getting a spare for mine too.

Thanks

Bruce

1 Like

As far as I can see there is also the Hiquphon OW2-92 Tweeter but it’s a lot more expensive but supposed to be better.

1 Like

The Hiquphon would not be right for the Naim speakers.

1 Like

Thanks Richard, is the Scanspeak D2008/851100 also used in the SBL?

I’m having trouble (could be alcohol related) in finding that exact match on their website, would @Richard.Dane perhaps allow a link in this case or else could you send me an email to the address in my profile?

Thanks.

.sjb

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a pair.

1 Like

On the scanspeak site both the 2008 and 2010 are shown as ‘to be updated’, not as ‘to be discontinued’.

1 Like

Rather than searching by the model number, try searching by Naim (SBL, etc.), and the proper item will appear. Worked for me.

About two month ago I also read, that those two models will be replaced with improved materialls without need to tweek the x overs.
The spesifications will be the same, but they will use better matrial.

2 Likes