Scanspeak Tweeters for SL2, DBL & NBL may be updated in 2022

I used this one, bought on Amazon. 80ml tube, way more than I will ever need, I think I used about 5ml! The nozzle was very useful.

3 Likes

Thank You Seanf!!:hugs::hugs:

This is what I Love about This Foroum.

There is always someone kind enough and willing to offer or suggest advice based on their individual Experiences.
LONG LIVE NAIM
I cant immagine Life Without My SL2’s. “Anything to keep them Sounding As They were Designed To”

Roll on October!!!:muscle:t6::muscle:t6:

2 Likes

Awesome!!:clap::clap:

Mine are stuck somewhere in the German customs. :rage:

Did you order Danish tweeters via the UK for some reason?

No ordered from Falcon…

I just swapped out the tweeters in a pair of Allae’s. Once I softened up the hot glue using alcohol (thanks to whoever recommend that) the rest of the process went without a hitch. They sound great with a few hours of run-in. I forgot what a great speaker the Allae is.

5 Likes

Erm, that would be Falcon Acoustics, The UK’s largest drive unit retailer, according to their web site.

Mind you ordering from Wil Audio in France wasn’t all that quick a year and a half ago and to complicate matters they either wanted a cheque, yes really, or a bank transfer before dispatch but didn’t accept cards.

Interesting thread. Just ordered a pair of tweeters for my NBL’s

1 Like

Is there specific Naim Speaker Tweeters that should have a weight attached to the back or is it all models?

The allae does, the NBL doesn’t but the solder joints are submerged in a lake of hot melt glue.

2 Likes

My tweeters were ordered on 24th June. After a long time in customs, I had to pick them up today from the post office and pay a customs duty on them of €35 :rage: :rage: Another very useful example of that great deal :crazy_face: :roll_eyes:
Ok i did not pay UK VAT. Not so much the problem with the price but the delay where it was held in customs. Oh well, i have them now

2 Likes

Around €90 each including VAT if ordered from the NL distributer £60 from Falcon ex VAT so you may have saved a couple of euros to compensate for the delay.

I haven’t had the chance to install the new tweeters in my SL2s, I cannot remember if there’s a damper on the back of the SL2 tweeter without taking the speaker apart, I guess I’ll find out in the few weeks.

2 Likes

No damper on SL2 tweeters. Well at least the wasn’t on mine.

Willy.

3 Likes

Nor on mine. I haven’t yet got round to installing the new tweeters I bought a few months ago though.

4 Likes

Good to know guys one less job to do, cheers

I need some advice!!

Installing my new SL2 tweeters today all going well except when I started on the second tweeter I noticed the sockets on the end of the arm are possibly the wrong way round (see picture below)

Correct arm below, + red is on the left as you look from the front this follows the same line for the main driver.

If this is the case I’ve used these SL2 out of phase since buying them used several years ago and never noticed when I assembled.

@Richard.Dane can you help please

Cheers

1 Like

I don’t know specifically about this speaker, but it’s not uncommon for the mid or tweeter to be connected with inverse polarity.

1 Like

Mine are as per your second picture.

The soldering on those sockets doesn’t look very good either. Have they ever been changed by anyone before?

2 Likes