Scanspeak Tweeters for SL2, DBL & NBL may be updated in 2022

Hi Tim, welcome to the forum

Best to stick with the (3 hole) 2008 for SBLs
The technical specification is more or less exactly the same except the later 2010 type was designed with a different fitting for the SL2.

SBL type will cost 20 quid less too :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Debs. Will get me order in for them today. :+1:

1 Like

My “spares” arrived this week from Falcon Acoustics - brilliant support from them. I mistakenly ordered the 2010 rather than the 2008 for my SBLs (I blame the wine!). When I realised on the Saturday night, immediately sent an email requesting if it was possible to change the order before dispatch & got a response on the Sunday morning confirming the change & that a refund for the difference would be credited to me!
Now that’s service.
Wish all businesses I deal with were that good.

7 Likes

I did a similar thing. Ordered the D2008/851200 instead of the D2008/851100 on Wednesday, quickly phoned the next day & all sorted over the phone (plus refund).
Tweeters arrived today (Friday 1st).
Very pleasant chap on the phone & very understanding of my gaff. :thinking: :rofl:
Great service & great company.
Thanks to JimDog for the original posting as well.

3 Likes

Yes, be very careful that you order the ones without ferrofluid, as these are the ones (both D2008 and D2010) specified by Naim for their speakers.

I did similar. Ordered one instead of two thinking stupidly that they came in a pair. Jerry was so kind and spotted my error and called to ask if I wanted the matching tweeter. Just superb service.

1 Like

Should have known that when my son’s D2008s arrived he’d want them installed at the earliest opportunity. That was this morning. Fairly straightforward to do. Here’s the first one in process.

When both were out it was clear that one was original (on the left) and the other was a replacement and possibly a second hand one at that.

Fired them up with the new, second hand, copy of Aja he procured on his TankFest trip.

In his words “very noticeably better”.

Willy.

3 Likes

Did you take off the old Hylomer Blue and add the new stuff? Because that’s pretty much the first part of the process…

My son scraped off the old HB, being careful so as to not further damage the cabinet, a little bit of which peeled off with each tweeter. New bead applied.

Willy.

1 Like

Richard, are the Scanspeak D2008/D2010 tweeters produced in two variants: with and without ferrofluid?

Yes, so be sure to get the correct ones.

1 Like

Ok, can you identify if it is a ferrofluid version or not on the markings/serial number?

The same models without ferrofluid, it should say.

It does say. You can’t buy the wrong one by accident. And they are cheaper without ferrofluid!

1 Like

Wow - this is a good thread… will order at once as a spare for my sbl!
But which version is correct?
Which is the Ione without ferrofluid?
Does 851100 mein without ferrofluid ?

Is this the correct one for SBL (Mk1 in my case)

Thanks a lot!

So 851300 is ferrofluid and 851100 is non ferrofluid?

Please don’t post unauthorised commercial links in the HiFi corner, thanks.

1 Like

Yes

Sorry - deleted - thanks for doing it!
Found the D2008/851200 to be the Ferro version of the 2008 !
So D2008/851100 will be ordered!

Sorry and thanks