Scarily the top 3 threads are all alcohol ones 😳

As title - the 3 top threads are currently all alcohol related. Not sure this is entirely healthy - and I say this as a regular moderate drinker :flushed:

A few slurps of your favourite tipple is one of the best upgrades you could make. Adds a sense of boogie not only to the hifi but the listener as well. :joy:

4 Likes

Good music and a glass/bottle of something fermented have gone hand in hand for centuries…

That’s my excuse, anyway…:thinking::beers::wine_glass::joy:

4 Likes

I’ll drink to that !
Cheers
Don

4 Likes

after politics… alcohol unites :grinning:

unless they start a poll - are we having too much alcohol ??

and then the snip happens…:grimacing:

People have probably been driven to drink after being sucked into the black hole of those Ethernet cable threads that seem to have taken over the Streaming Audio room.

5 Likes

What’s your preferred vice:

• Wine
  • Whisky
  • Beer
  • Cinnamon infused vodka
  • Blue jeans

0 voters

3 Likes

Though I drink about 2 or 3 units of alcohol a month on average for medicinal purposes you understand.

2 Likes

True, I guess folk hope the alcohol will take them away. They draw me in like a moth to flame even though I realise they resemble a TV programme that comes on @ 5.15 most nights on BBC1.

I find it interesting that as I’ve got older, I’ve drunk less.

Though never a heavy drinker, I’ve moved from having a couple of glasses of wine most nights, more if friends round as say 20 years ago, to a bottle a week + a couple of G&T’s now. In fact we had some friend around last week who brought 6 bottles between them and seemed somewhat perplexed I was breaking up the wine with glasses of water! It’s not a deliberate health related choice, I somehow seem to just prefer to have less.

So, hardly teatotal but relatively moderate and seems inverse to friends and colleagues.

2 Likes

So far no one has confessed to be a cable junkie, that’s a bit surprising :sunglasses:

All things in moderation (which, as a dear old colleague used to tell me, is the most overrated virtue).

2 Likes

That is a wonderful epitaph

1 Like

I think you should have asked before posting a photo of me!

2 Likes

Last year I joined our local wine club.

We meet every Saturday morning on the grass, just beside the toilet block in the local park…

…i’ll get my coat…!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.